This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I email or get email from this site?
01-06-2013, 02:51 PM
How do I email or get email from this site?
I know you can take their user name, add "@yahoo.com" and hope it works, but it wouldn't work with my user name (my email names is a little different and has 3 added letters in the front). Yet user's from Yahoo Answers are emailing me.

I don't mind that they are, but I want to know how they're doing this. Sometimes I may need to email someone on this site, but I don't know how.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 02:59 PM

Are they emailing you DIRECTLY or THROUGH Yahoo Answers?

There is a 'blind' link on a person's YA profile page that allows us to email each other THROUGH Yahoo Answers. The emails go to our underlying email Inbox, but come from YA and do not reveal the sender's or receiver's email address. If you click my avatar, you will see a link there that would allow you to email me, for example. You have a similar link on YOUR YA profile page, so I could email you as well.

If they are emailing you directly, then someplace you are giving out that information. It may be on your IM, your Pulse page, or your linked Facebook or twitter, if you are linking to them.

Ads

01-06-2013, 02:59 PM

Some could be emailing from your answers profile, you do allow emails from members but they won't know your real email unless you give it to them.
dragon3025
Add Contact Block View Pulse
Email dragon3025