This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I find someone's ip address via Twitter?
01-06-2013, 06:55 PM
How do I find someone's ip address via Twitter?
(NB I am perfectly aware of what and ip address is, and that it won't give an accurate, exact location of the subject.)

Somebody on Twitter has been sending me stupid, hateful messages and judging by their grammar and profile picture, they're about 10 years old. I've told him that if he doesn't stop, I'll get his IP address. This made him nearly crap his pants, but he still continues to send the messages, so how do I get his ip?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 07:03 PM

i think you need a police warrant to get another persons ip address, and you can only get from their internet service provider

Ads

It's not that easy as you think. You might as well forget it. Twitter won't tell you the IP address of the user unless you get a court order. Are you willing to go that far?

YOU CANT!

You cant, the only ip address you'll be getting is that of the twitter server. Only the administrators of the twitter servers will be able to find the ip addresses of any user.

This is because everything that is put on twitter or any website goes to and is stored on their server.
When you look at twitter your computer gets all the information from the twitter servers and there is no link between your computer and anyone that posts or sends you a message