This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I enhance to web browsing performance of my Nintendo DSi?
01-06-2013, 07:59 PM
How do I enhance to web browsing performance of my Nintendo DSi?
I just bought a new Nintendo DSi because of it's supposed web browsing capabilities. I downloaded the Web Browser program on it, but can't view web pages without major errors. I keep getting a message that says "Not enough memory. Page may have errors." What can I do to increase to web browsing performance? Will buying a 4 or 8 Gig SD memory card help enough to solve this problem?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 08:07 PM

The DSI version of the Opera browser has met with limited success.

Flash-based email clients are not supported.

Social networking sites such as MySpace and Live-Journal work perfectly and Twitter actually displays quite nicely on the DSi screen.

Facebook however doesn’t work at all and logging on results in a rather odd message from the DSi stating that there is “insufficient memory” to view the website. Hopefully this is something that could be sorted out in subsequent upgrades of the software.

The lack of Flash support is why many websites do not display correctly, or in certain cases, at all. This means that media streaming websites such as Youtube and DailyMotion are unusable. To add to your woes, tabbed browsing and RSS feeds are still unsupported.

It is a basic Internet browser and perhaps useful for quick sessions. For longer Internet sessions the DSi browser is not entirely practical due to the lack of support for Flash and complex Java scripts.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply