This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Yahoo Answer linked to Yahoo Mail ?
01-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Is Yahoo Answer linked to Yahoo Mail ?
there is a new and annoyin feature on Yahoo Mail called Updates .. i have turned it on .. and it seems that once you turn it on it cannot be turned off [ with a contact ]
few years back i had asked some personal question in Yahoo Answers from my original id [ email id ]
can my contacts with whom i have this stupid Update thing .. see what Yahoo Anwers i asked ? this is crazy .. i had questions about lot of personal stuff ..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 08:41 PM

Yes, Y!A and YMail are linked. No, that old contact can't see your old questions. Only your current account would be open to inspection. This account only goes back one month, not several years.

I think you can turn off the Update by contacting Yahoo. Try help.yahoo.com.
Click on FORUM at the left side of the Answers home page ( under Related Links) and ask the community about your "updates" problem. Forum is mostly for Y!A but your question involves Y!A. Someone will know the secret to disabling the "updates" feature.

Ads

01-06-2013, 08:41 PM

In Mail, choose Options (near the top right, above the inbox). One of the first choices will be to "enable connections relatged features"......UNTICK that, then save the page. That should get rid of the whole updates thing.

Also in your Answers Profile, if you do an Edit My Profile, you can turn off updates as well. That way current contacts don't get notified every time you answer a question. They will still be notified if you ask one, if that's the option you tick.

The updates only give away current stuff, not the old stuff you did, even off this account. Of course, you might have email contacts who never knew you were on Answers, who would find out from this update thing. So it's best not to have the updates turned on. That is only for the kind of people who like to Twitter every time they eat an apple or brush their teeth. Just leave it turned off, and your contacts can look up for themselves what you've been answering, if and when it suits them.