This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how does twitter work?
01-07-2013, 03:10 AM
how does twitter work?
i know its a social networking site but what does the

#
@
and the RT
stand for?

and when you reply to someone's tweet do they get a personal message? how do you know if they read it or not? messaging system is confusing. help Confused

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 03:18 AM

They have a server

Ads

The @'s explain who theyre towards,
like if my name was Haley it would be Haley@jenn
Hey girl!

and you can send direct messages other than tweets,
its used to post moods, what your doing, qoutes, how you feel anyhting!
its kind of confusing but mess around with it a bit and youll figure it outSmile
i love TWITTER

is a hash tag. This is something that people can track. If you're discussing something of a popular topic (ex. MJ's death, you saw a lot of #R.I.P and such). It's just a method of seeing what people are doing

@ is for @replies or including someone in your tweet
You can say something like @_______ yourmessagehere and that is a tweet to that person (NOT A DIRECT MESSAGE). You can include people in your tweets as well with @. You can say "I'm at the book store with @____" It allows people to see who you're with, or how you respond to some other person's tweet (when you reply to a tweet, it automatically puts @(tweet's name here) and you type your message.

RT (ReTweet) is like E-mail forwarding, but Twitter version. You can include a full Tweet in RTs, but keep in mind, you're limited to 120 characters per tweet!

you can Direct Message someone if you're following them, and they're following you back. It's a more private way of communicating between friends than with all the @ replies from fans to celebs.

Hope this helps!