This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think of this "friendship"?
01-07-2013, 09:25 AM
What do you think of this "friendship"?
I met Regina on the first day of my junior year in high school nine months ago. She introduced herself to me and as usual, I was shy and reserved at first; but I warmed up to her when I noticed how instantly we clicked. However, these are a few of my concerns:

- When I ACCIDENTALLY blurted out the name of her crush, she actually slapped me. I only said the first name, and it’s not like her crush was the only guy in the world with that first name. I’ll admit it was wrong of me to do so, but was a slap on the face necessary?!

- We had a conversation that went so: HER: Ugh. I’m so fat. (TAKE NOTE: She isn’t fat, just not toned.) ME: If you’re fat, then what do you call me? HER: Whale. || I have a sense of humor, but that just wasn’t funny at all. And so what if I suffer from borderline obesity? At least I’m doing something about it. Unlike she who does nothing but stuff her face.

- She knows how much I’m into my crush Aaron, and yet she led me to believe she’s okay with it when the truth is, she isn’t—and for SIX months! (This, of course, is the reason why I have trust issues with her now and I’ll never look at her the way I used to.) During the last quarter, she answered Aaron’s exam FOR him. (Yes, Aaron’s more of the brawny than the brainy type of guy; but that doesn’t give her the right to do that!) You don’t see me flirting with Shane, do you? NO. When Jason (a guy we both used to like, but not at the same time) asked me to be his girlfriend, I said no because I didn’t want to hurt her feelings.

- She had the nerve to give me an ultimatum about Aaron on love. Yes, I may not know everything there is to know about love; but what gives her the right to interfere in my personal relationships? Even more so that she’s TWO years younger and has never been in a relationship.

- Her mother told her to stay away from Jason because he’s dating Taylor, a mutual friend of ours. And yet she has an unrequited crush on James in spite of him dating Jenna. (Abigail’s inbox is full of James’ messages, they’re always together when she’s not with me and the girls, and she even has a nickname for him.) Say it with me now: HYPO-EFFIN’-CRITE.

The following concerns listed above have caused me to question the so-called “friendship”. Honestly, I’m glad it’s summer vacation because that makes it easier to distance myself from her...except maybe online what with Facebook, Formspring, Twitter, cellphone and landline. If I had to describe what I’m feeling right now, they would be anger, betrayal and disappointment.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 09:33 AM

Its simple...stay away from her!! Shes those type of people that like to do things to others but wants noone to do anything to her..jst stay away.Smile

Ads

It sounds like you two are competitive and letting boys coming between you. Trust me, it will destroy you both.

I can summarize this in one word, or better, 2: RUN AWAY.

In longer words: this is not a friendship. Why not - because of your last sentence.
Feeling anger, disappointment is bad enough - but feeling betrayed means there is no real basis for friendship at all.

Find a real friend - this one is just too .. well.. crazy?