This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible for someone to find my location and address through MSN?
01-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Is it possible for someone to find my location and address through MSN?
Today someone who I don't know added me on MSN and said he wanted to be friends with me, and he said he wasn't a bad person, so I gave him a fake name, and I was scared, so I told him we couldn't be friends and I blocked him. Is it in any way possible for him to track down my address through MSN? I'm really scared...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 03:02 PM

No, they can't. The only way they can find you is if you give out too much personal information( I have been online for years. People know the city I live- just check my usual s/n in google, if you can find that out lol). I know I'm safe where I live anyway. There is a police station around the corner from where I live, and my building has a monitor who checks who comes into the building.

Ads

No, Msn doesnt display your information publicly unless you put it on your profile, and unless he hacks your account which I doubt he know enough about u to do. Dont be scared lol worse comes to worse if you think its that bad delete your account then make a new one.

I never heard of anything like tracking via msn.

The only ways i can think of on the spot is if you give him your ip address, your home address, your number or your real name.

He may also get your address if you gave out those details if/when you have a windows live profile.

Just as long you didnt tell him anything and you didnt downloaded anything he sent you, you are safe.

Yes, there's a possible way to have all that information. Not exactly by talking to you through Messenger.
I must say that when anybody adds me on messenger, I do this all the time before I accept.

If you've facebook, hi5, twitter, or another social site; don't give out a lot information about you. If I were you, I could register it with another account, one that only you know. It's really easy to find your page by ONLY TYPING YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS. Also, It's really easy that you have public information online or even creating a fake site with fake information and add you as a friend and then, know information about you. Not directly through you by also, through your friends and all that little peaces of conversations. - If that person is trying to get info about you, s/he's going to be so smart and will find info about you, gonna find all the information that someday you put online.

Don't be scare, I don't think that person is going to try to do something bad with you; If that was the case you weren't be here asking.

If you suspect of somebody that you already know, just to this:
Make that person to send you and e-mail direct, go to the inbox and right-click, View sources and find the IP:
It's going to look something like this:
X-Originating-IP: [189.195.49.226] - Different Numbers!

Go to somebody else and if you find that same Ip Address, then you got it.