This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I like him, I dont want to be clingy. and i feel like i am. HELP?!?
01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
I like him, I dont want to be clingy. and i feel like i am. HELP?!?
Hi, so lets start off with I am Sam, his name is Daniel. We met on the internet. We would non stop text and have nightly phone calls. But i would always text him first and if i didnt he'd ask why i didnt "Hit him up". So we met the other day. It was so awkward at first. Then it became fine. We went to the beach with 2 other people. (one my friend, one his) and He grabbed my hand and ran down to the water with me. he had my hand for like 3 mins. he gave me his sweater. i wore it the whole night. he gave me a hug when we left. i sent him a picture of something funny like an half hour later and thats how our convo started. I asked way before if i annoyed him, and he asked "why you talking crazy?" and he told me he liked me and i told him i liked him. he liked my truth is thing on facebook and i told him how he confused me and how i hate how i always text him first. so when i went on his facebook i saw a girl post "truth is i used to like you" he commented "used to .. ouch" she goes"well i still kinda do" and he said inbox me.. and one time i asked him if i was the only girl he "talk" to. he said yeaah, the rest are friends. last night we were on the phone, and he said his mom was calling he hadda go. (we were talking normal, more than normal.. like miore comfortable) so, he didnt call back. but like 40 mins later he texts me "heey" and i said hey back and we talked texting and i said "thanks for the call back loserr Tongue" he said "im srry" i said its okay and whatever and i didnt answer for like 20 mins and i told him i was falling asleep and for him to text me tomorrow. he said okay no prob. but last time he said that, i ended up texting him at like 5:30! so im confused. am i being clingy? should i let him text me? HELPP !

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 05:19 PM

just remember that some things in life that just come your way are the best things. i dont know your situation but it takes time to know people..so just relax and see how things turn out..if its meant to work, it will..

Ads

01-07-2013, 05:19 PM

Yeah, slow it down...go some time without texting. Think back when you called people. Would you call someone each and every time or would you wait till you got some call backs? We're all thinking that this immediate gratification in communication is necessary and normal. Plus, because of Twitter and FB and other chat lines, we all know so much of what the other person is doing - even at the beginning of a relationship. Being committed, truthful, open and honest takes time as the trust needs to come first. I don't tell a new friend all about my ongoing friendships with other people, but today with all the instant-text and talk, we expect more; we think those questions are legit.

That sounded really lecture-y, but all in all, let things simmer a bit. Take things a bit slower. He said he liked you and you asked if you were annoying. Not a good combo. Take each day and go with the day. And don't follow his every move.