This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get android on touchpad?
01-07-2013, 05:38 PM
How to get android on touchpad?
I dislike the webOS operating system for it's lack of apps. I want to install honeycomb 3.1 but I don't know how.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 05:46 PM

I dont think you can...yet. People are working jailbreaking it to either run on android or as a dual processor but I have not found it ready anywhere yet.

Ads

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/08/is-thi...-touchpad/
It looks like Quallcom (who makes the arm processor) created a 2.2 yes fro-yo build of android for the touchpad, no one knows any other deatails and at this point your porbally looking a a fall- winter public realse of the rom for 2.3 or 3.1

It's not yet available, as was mentioned. There are team of developers working on it, check twitter with the hash tag #touchdroid for details. The OS doesn't need to be jailbroken, as it's not locked like other mobile OS', but we do need to gain root access, and then check drivers. The developers are not releasing much info, but the other answer was correct, expect a few months for it to be ported, anyway, nm stably. Because Google has refused to release the source code for the tablet version of android, they will only be able to port over 2.3, which is the version of android for phones, until google releases "ice cream", at which point the phone and tablet versions will be amalgamated, and source code is supposed to be released.

TLDNR - not out yet, keep waiting

Visit https://www.facebook.com/AndroidonTouchpad