This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are BlackBerry curves good phones?
01-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Are BlackBerry curves good phones?
Im getting one on contract, and I was just wondering what they were like. Please tell me what good features ect they have. ThankyouSmile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 05:51 PM

yes especially the 8520 or 8530

Ads

blackberry makes loads of cash on replacement items, if i were you get atleast 2 rollerballs and bearings. where i live radioshack is always out, once the shipment comes in they are ripped off the shelves

Hey

I have a blackberry Bold on AT&T but i'm sure most blackberries are mostly the same thing basically just a few variations here and there. I used to have an iphone, but then i never used any apps really except for twitter and facebook, and the battery life on my iphone didnt last to my expectations. So I was browsing different phones, and I came across blackberries. I thought, hey, this is actually a really nice phone. Now that I had my blackberry for almost 6 months now, I've come to really enjoying it. Even though it isn't as great as the iphone would have been with Apps and webbrowsing (which still isn't a bad browser) I still felt like I mad the right decision.

All of the Blackberries are a good choice. Whether it be the Bold or the Curve or the Tour even the Storm. All of them have really nice screens, very nice keyboards and have a lot of features.

The Curve on Verizon has a nice keyboard and it comes in 2 colors (purple or black). It has wifi which is a nice feature because i know some blackberries don't have wifi. It has a 2.0 MP camera which isn't as good as some other blackberries that have 3.0 MP with flash.. this one lacks flash, but i'm sure that it is still a good camera.

Internet speeds should be fine, since you have verizon (if you have verizon) but on AT&T which I'm on w/ my bold, it is still really fast too. And wifi is speedy too. Sure, browsing won't be the same experience as it would be on a phone like the iphone or the new smartphones with touch screens, but you know, it's good for what it offers.

BBM- Blackberry Messenger is a good feature to talk to people who have blackberries. You ask your friends for their PIN number and then you two can chat with eachother. It's a good feature, and if you BBM them, i don't think it adds onto your texting plan. it's just using the data (don't quote me though. I thought I read that somewhere, but that could be wrong. so don't quote me)

SMS/MMS- Texting and pix/vid/etc messaging is really nice. It's all in threaded viewing which is convienient and it can save soo many. I have texts from march on my phone in a conversation with my friend. So yeah, it never runs out of room basically which is a good thing since i like saving my conversations. of course if you dont like to save that many, you can delete them.

Email- Email is great. It comes straight to your phone and you can set up as many email accounts as you want or maybe there is a limit. but i know i have at least 6 on there. And you can have them all in one inbox (integrated so you see all the emails from every account in one inbox, or you can view the individaul inbox for one account) I prefer viewing them all in one inbox because its just more convienient for me.

Call quality- it's really nice call quality. at least on my blackberry. i'm not entierly sure about the curve, but i presume that it's the same.

Music Player- the music player that comes on the phone is really nice. you can add music either by buying them on your phone (i think you can, i never did that) or you can add them through your computer by plugging your phone in with the cable that comes with it. And I believe earphones come with your phone too.

Battery life- this was really important to me because my iphone did not last as long as a I needed it to. My blackberry bold lasts me from 6:30 AM when i unplug it to get ready for school, then i text a lot in the morning, then school starts at 7:30 AM -then i text during school (i'm bad i know) and then at 2:15 when school ends i have like 85 percent of my battery left and that's with texting a lot during some classes. (don't worry i have an A in those classes haha) And then after school i text a lot and by the time i go to bed, i usually have 50 to 45 percent of my battery left depending on when i go to bed, if it's at 10 i usually have 45 percent left if it's like 11 then maybe 40 percent. I know some people expect 2-3 days, but i'm a textaholic and i use my phone constantly like facebook, twitter and the browser so I say if i gets me through at least 17 hours or more then It's good. my iphone at the most would only get me through 8 hours even on standby it would lower (the battery) so i'm really pleased with my blackberry. I'm sure your battery would be around the same.

Calendar- it is a nice feature to have, you can view either by day, by week, by month or by agenda. you can add events and have your phone remind you etc. its basically just a calendar on ur phone, its nothing too special and it gets the job done so thats all that matters.

Trackpad navagation- I LOVE the trackpad on my blackberry. Blackberries were known for their scroll ball. But to me, the scroll ball seemed so fragile and like it was about to break. And i even played with them at the store and some didnt even work that well. The trackpad is very nice to hav on the phone. You can set the sensitivity level on it and yah. It's a good change. Smile

Apps- there is the