This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I able to send photos on the iPhone 3G and receive them?
01-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Am I able to send photos on the iPhone 3G and receive them?
I am going to get the iPhone 3G, and I was wondering if I would be able to send photos by text and receive them through text. I love taking photos and sending them to friends and getting photos back. And, can I send photos from the iPhone to Twitter as well. If not, is the iPhone 3GS able to?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 06:35 PM

Not yet, the iPhone has the capabilities but AT&T has not yet enabled MMS for hte iPhone yet. It is rumored that it will be on the end of this month or next month.

As of right now when someone sends you a pix message you have to visit an outside website to view the picture on iPhones.

But hopefully very soon this will all be solved after AT&T enables MMS for the iPhone.

Ads

Both the iPhone and iPhone 3GS currently run on 3.0 Software. AT&T will not allow you to send or receive picture using MMS until later this summer as stated on their website in fine print. It is a bummer, but just know that it will be coming soon. I am more then sure that you can upload picture to twitter because I used to upload photos to many other websites using the phone. Only get the iPhone 3GS if you want a phone that is twice as fast then the 3G and has a better camera for both pictures and video.

*Please do your part and come back to choose best answer. Thank you.

No you can't MMS yet, AT&T hasn't finished setting that up yet. The only way you can right now is to jailbreak and use swirly MMS. I'm pretty sure you can upload photos to twitter via the twitter app, i don't think you need to text it to twitter. This applies to all iPhones.

Not yet