This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will you choose to stay in a marriage for the sake of the children?
01-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Will you choose to stay in a marriage for the sake of the children?
Question I read from Twitter....so what is your opinion? Will u choose to stay in a relationship for the sake of the children even if the marriage isn't as healthy as it used to be?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 10:48 PM

No, because children know when "mommy and daddy aren't happy." Happy parents make happy babies.. (to a point)

My parents stayed together for 15 years because of me and I grew up wishing they would just divorce. Since they have, my life is so much less stressed.

Ads

Yes. Its not all about you , its about the children and your spouse. However, I am a man. My wife would need me after the kids and so would kids. So I would stay.

No because if its just for the children then there will definitely be problems and theres no way in hell i would raise my daughter in a home where her parents dont even love each other or want to be together. i wouldnt want my children thinking thats what a marriage is.

No because if you are not happy, then you will not feel or be complete and sooner or later it will erupt. If a person stays, they should stay for the sake of the desire to work through the problems they are having. Don't use your children as a pawn or excuse to stay but it's up to the people involved to really decide what is the next course of action in their lives.

Yes, absolutely. Make peace, so my children can live in peace until they graduate High School. They are worth it, both my husband and I know that. I get so sick of people talking about their happiness and not considering their children's stability and secure home. Happiness, blah, blah, blah.... people are selfish. Yeah I know I am one of the lucky ones but even if it all fell apart I am commited to our family, we brought this kids into the world, we owe it to them! There are ways to work out things that people don't take into consideration, they just throw in the towel and say tough sh*t kid, it's my happiness not yours that counts. I love my husband dearly, with all of my heart but a decade ago I had little hope we would make it. I am eating crow now and thankful my husband convinced me we were worth fighting for.

Hunny, many-many couples remain in a loveless marriage for the sake of the children.

In my opinion, it sends the wrong message to the children.

Staying together doesn't teach the children about love.

Children are extremely observant and keen to how things "really" are in the home.

They can see what is going on between their parents.

It truly disturbs and disrupts there daily lives.

Bottom line: it is not fair to the entire family. A child would rather see both parents happy apart then being miserable together.

answer: No I would not choose to remain in a marriage for the sake of my children.

NO.

Absolutely, and I would do anything and everything to make that marriage work. If you're not in it for life, marriage is not for you.

you chose the children...they didn't choose you...it is up to the two of you to do everything in your power to keep your marriage/family together...yeah its work...sometimes really hard work...but you made the choice to be a family...