This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you get more followers on Twitter?
01-08-2013, 12:19 AM
How do you get more followers on Twitter?
I joined twitter about 7 months ago and I still only have 17 followers. I don't know what I do wrong or what I can do to improve. my user name is @sabbyfut6 . I post quotes, what's happening in my life, pictures. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I would really appreciate any advice on how to improve and gain the attention of more people and if you wanted to, you could even follow me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 12:27 AM

As long as you post interesting shit, and not what you had for fuckin' tea, it should be fine

Ads

I just started following you,,,now you have one more follower.

People won't find you unless they can. If you have 17 followers, that means only 17 people are seeing your posts. No matter how interesting they are, they're only reaching 17 people - unless one of them retweets something you say, which means all of their followers see it, too.

The only legitimate ways to get followers are:

1) Tell your friends to follow you
2) Post MEANINGFUL messages, blog comments, etc - and include a signature line with your twitter handle (see mine below?)
3) post things that your followers will want to re-tweet - things that you think would be interesting to a lot of people. If someone re-tweets it, some of their followers may want to follow you. Don't overtweet! People will unfollow you if you clog up their twitter stream with 30 tweets at a time.
4) if someone new follows you, follow them back. While you don't need to, it's a nice gesture.
5) if you see a tweet you think would be interesting to others, re-tweet it. The original tweeter will appreciate it (if its a celebrity, don't bother - 300 other people are also retweeting it). Reply if you can add meaningful comments back to them.
6) make your bio interesting and add a couple keywords that might attract someone's attention (I have "Trance" and "EDM" in my bio, so that people searching those terms might stumble upon me)
7) Search for keywords of topics you enjoy, and follow some people that also enjoy those topics - it's more likely you'll want to retweet them or engage them in twitter-conversation, and that makes it more likely they'll follow and retweet you.

Hope this helps! (I followed you as well)

-----------
SKiLTRaX
Electronic Dance Music / Trance
http://www.SKiLTRaX.com / Follow @SKiLTRaX on Twitter