This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are Al-Qaeda linked websites allowed or censored in the US?
01-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Are Al-Qaeda linked websites allowed or censored in the US?
I was just wondering if the US government is able to practice its 'freedom of expression' to that extent, since US officials continuously criticize China and other countries for censoring their internet.

Also, if there are other things that are censored or monitored by the US, what are they?
(I heard some people say that the US government actually has regulatory bodies to monitor the entire web, from twitter messages to p0rn sites)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 08:17 AM

http://shahamat-english.com/

Ads

This is a VERY interesting question. I live in the United States and have occasionally seen links to what were purported to be AQ sites but do not know if they actually are, or if they were simply mirrors or what have you. I hope others are able to provide more information.

If you live in the United States please tell your member of Congress to oppose CISPA:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2012041...-why.shtml

The internet is not censored in the U.S.

That doesn't mean they don't have a way to monitor who goes to certain sites it just means you can if you wish to.

Can't really say they are 'allowed', but the gov does not censor or block them. Feeling is that they get more info from these sites then if the sites was blocked.... Lesser of two evils .... And you bet your butt that Sam monitors internal communications. Commo over the public air waves is not considered private, so anybody can listen.