This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will I get charged for using Twitter on my cellphone?
01-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Will I get charged for using Twitter on my cellphone?
I have a Verizon Wireless cellphone and I have a plan of unlimited texting for other Verizon phones and 500 texting "credits?". I do not have internet on my phone. Will I get charged? Or do the updates count as regular text messages? How does it work?

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 10:45 AM

If you don't have internet you provbably won't be able to use Twitter, as it needs to connect to the web sites you are "Twittering" on.

It is charged as DATA not TXT.

Ads

You will get charged for it beacause it will be the same thing as going on the internet

Depends if ur phone plan has a free use of internet

If you are using the text messaging updates, then yes. Everytime you send one you will get charged as a normal text.

Once you set up twitter on the web via a computer, you can sends and receive tweets through SMS text messages. You won't be able to view links to websites or photos unless you have internet on your phone; so you'll be missing out on that. Otherwise, you should be able to use your 500 texting plan for twitting, but there two things to keep in mind: 1. You'll still need to use a computer to set up and maintain your account and setting, you phone will only be able to make a view posts, but select whose posts come to your phone, etc. - and 2. if you're follow many people and/or they tweet a lot, you'll go over 500 texts pretty quickly. Each time a friend tweet and it is delivered to your phone, it will count as a text, and each time you post a tweet it will count. So I may be very easy to go over your alloted 500 texts.