This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are people so ignorant when it comes to music?
01-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Why are people so ignorant when it comes to music?
It seems that people nowadays, mainly teenagers hate people/dislike them based on their music taste. Also i'm a 16yr teenager and i ws speaking to this 13yr old, and he was saying that all rock music is all screaming and that they are all satanists, they want to slit their wrists and that they are all goths. I like pop punk/indie/metal/rock music and it just seems that because today is a pop genre world, that people are ignorant when it comes to rock music.
Personally i don't like they style of Justin Bieber's music, but i don't go around hating on everyone because i'm not into that. I respect Justin for getting into the music industry, and not having to go on a nationally broadcasted talent show.

I was on twitter about an hour ago and i saw this picture with arrows point to One Direction saying that if you dont like them, then you must be deaf and blind. I don't get why people do this. also when Mitch Lucker died, i saw on Facebook and Twitter that some (not all) directioners were saying that he deserved to die, just because he sang a different type of genre thann One Direction. Also when Alex Gaskarth stated his opinion on Twitter about 1D's new song, some (NOT ALL) directioners started telling him to go kill himself and that no one likes his music, and he doesnt have a right to say that.

I'm just fed up of people being so ignorant about other peoples music taste, so why are they??????

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:34 AM

Cuz ppl have their own opinion of music kid.. if i like rap but you don't thats your opinion. but its all about your own preferences.. why are people so ignorant on YA? answer that one.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:34 AM

You cant call them as ignorant because everyone have their own opinion and point of view based on the music they have heared.I agree that some rock music is not good enough to listened and besides if you can see that artist who sung the rock music is so wild.
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM

People today are very judgemental to others. They believe that everyone should follow a clichee ( hope I spelled that right ) that is orchetsrated by one single self appointed entity. A cookie cutter society where everybody is the same. What a boring world that would be. People ( especially those in control hint hint ! ) hate deversity in thought. Any sense of individualism is just down right wrong to them. Dont be afraid to be your own person and dont let others dictate to you what you can and cant like. We are a world of individuals not one body of the same person. Thats what makes us all beautiful and special people who each bring something different to the table. And sometimes different ideas are good for mankind, but you cant tell them that. Richard
01-16-2013, 09:43 AM

Dude, they're 1D fans!! Getting offended by something a 1D fan says is like, well I can't even think of a group who's opinion I care less about than 1D fans, nothing they can possibly say will offend me, I can't even articulate how absolutely worthless anything a 1D fan has to say is.
01-16-2013, 09:49 AM

well, 1D fans are like old JB fans but except that they dont go say other singers u F*CKING SUCK. as for me i dont like singers and i dont hate em either, i just listen to their songs. I dont care whether 1D sings or JB or any singers sing it aslong as the song is good, i listen and if its bad? i dont go bad mouthing the singer i just stop listening to it.
01-16-2013, 09:52 AM

Well yes they could just say they don't like rock music but they don't have to go the extra mile to say that they all like to slit their wrists and worship the Devil. He's also 13, he knows nothing.

I like Justin Bieber but I also like metal music.
I respect 1D but I dislike their fans, they should be ashamed of them (but they ALL aren't like that!)
And ROCK music definitely isn't screaming, that's some genres of metal and the sub genre of screamo at least, I've got to say that.

When people consider themselves part of a fan base they're instantly close minded and ignorant because they think the group, artist or band has the best music and is the best item in the world. No matter how much I love a band I will always deny to be part of that fan base for that particular reason.

One Direction fans are rather shocking but you'll be surprised at how some Beliebers are open minded (because then at least they follow a Goth on Twitter not your average teenage girl).