This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on the nook tablet?
01-16-2013, 09:27 AM
What are your thoughts on the nook tablet?
The nook tablet seems great, everything I want for only 250. I've been waiting to buy a tablet and I as going to go with the galaxy, because the ipad doesn't have flash, but the nook is so much flash player. But the nook does so I'm thinking about buying that. But I don't want to buy it uninformed. can someone give me their thoughts, maybe the pros and cons of the nook? Also your experiences (good or bad) would be appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:29 AM

I have the Nook and love it- But I think it does have some serious flaws.

It has a great screen, the SD card slot, and is fast and responsive.

For reading, I like it better than the old Nook- The Screen is almost as good as the E-ink, but is a lot faster and brighter. The battery life isn't bad- I listen to downloaded podcasts all day at work, and with the brightness turned down and wireless off, it uses about 50% of the battery in 8 hours. I don't have any problem surfing or using the email app.

That being said I am seriously considering rooting it when they get around the lockout. B&N's content stinks. They do not have a music or video store yet, and the app selection is pitiful. They still don't have a Facebook or twitter app ( Except for Seesmic), don't have a podcast app ( I Manage them manually) and no audio book app. Since you're locked out of the Android Market and can't sideload apps, it really stinks.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:34 AM

I have Nook Tablet and it's lovely. Movies run real nicely on it. You must get a microSD card though, if you rather use your own content than buy from Barnes & Noble, because you only get 1GB of space for your stuff on the Nook Tablet.

Also, if you're international, there are some complications to be aware of:
http://www.squidoo.com/nook-tablet-for-i...onal-users