This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the new “Jesus; all about life” Christian spam in the US as well or is it only in Australia?
09-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Is the new “Jesus; all about life” Christian spam in the US as well or is it only in Australia?
I’ve noticed that just about every church in Sydney has this new marketing strategy advertised out the front. It’s a banner with “Jesus” in big letters and then the phrase, “All about life” after it. There has also been TV advertising. It directs people to a website where they can post in a picture and a short Twitter style message and thank this “Jesus” for whatever they want. Christian spam.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 10:54 AM

i need that website!

must troll must troll must troll!

Ads

i haven't seen that in the U.S. yet...

I didn't know Jesus had a twitter account.

I haven't seen it in Australia.

Not that I've seen. I think our Christians have different, but equally vacuous and insipid slogans.

Religion

Definition: A form of worship. It includes a system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices; these may be personal, or they may be advocated by an organization. Usually religion involves belief in God or in a number of gods; or it treats humans, objects, desires, or forces as objects of worship. Much religion is based on human study of nature; there is also revealed religion. There is true religion and false.

Why are there so many religions?

A recent tabulation concluded that there are 10 main religions and some 10,000 sects. Of these, some 6,000 exist in Africa, 1,200 in the United States, and hundreds in other lands.

Many factors have contributed to the development of new religious groups. Some have said that the various religions all represent different ways of presenting religious truth. But a comparison of their teachings and practices with the Bible indicates, rather, that the diversity of religions is because people have become followers of men instead of listening to God. It is noteworthy that, to a large extent, teachings they hold in common, but that differ from the Bible, originated in ancient Babylon. (See pages 50, 51, under the heading “Babylon the Great.”)

Who is the instigator of such religious confusion? The Bible identifies Satan the Devil as “the god of this system of things.” (2 Cor. 4:4) It warns us that “the things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God.” (1 Cor. 10:20) How vitally important, then, to make sure that we really are worshiping the true God, the Creator of heaven and earth, and that our worship is pleasing to him!

Are all religions acceptable to God?

Judg. 10:6, 7: “The sons of Israel again proceeded to do what was bad in the eyes of Jehovah, and they began to serve the Baals and the Ashtoreth images and the gods of Syria and the gods of Sidon and the gods of Moab and the gods of the sons of Ammon and the gods of the Philistines. So they left Jehovah and did not serve him. At this Jehovah’s anger blazed against Israel.” (If a person worships any thing or any person other than the true God, the Creator of heaven and earth, it is evident that his form of worship is not acceptable to Jehovah.)

Mark 7:6, 7: “He [Jesus] said to them [the Jewish Pharisees and scribes]: ‘Isaiah aptly prophesied about you hypocrites, as it is written, “This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men.”’” (Regardless of whom a group profess to worship, if they hold to doctrines of men instead of the inspired Word of God, their worship is in vain.)

Rom. 10:2, 3: “I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge; for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.” (People may have God’s written Word but lack accurate knowledge of what it contains, because they have not been taught properly. They may feel that they are zealous for God, but they may not be doing what he requires. Their worship is not going to please God, is it?)

Hey Gentleman Jack the website is http://www.jesusallaboutlife.com.au

Come and troll with me!

I rarely see any posters or banners of any sort in front of a church. I notice marquees but that is normal here to give the title of the sermon or a thought of the week. No websites for Jesus twitter or text on t.v.
Sorry to hear that is going on and is unsettling for a lot of people.