This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TNA: D'Angelo Dinero Does Not Re-Sign with Company?
01-16-2013, 09:29 AM
TNA: D'Angelo Dinero Does Not Re-Sign with Company?
TNA star D’Angelo Dinero’s contract expired at the start of the new year.

He told everyone via Twitter that he has decided not to re-sign with the company

Da Black Pope
✔
@DaBlackPope
Pope's Contract expired with TNA on Jan 1, I will not be resigning. Thanks to Dixie and the whole TNA Family for a wonderful 3+ Years.~PHS
8 Jan 13 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Dinero then tweeted at the smart marks, letting them know it was for real.

Da Black Pope
✔
@DaBlackPope
And for the SM's out there, THIS is not a storyline. ~PHS
8 Jan 13 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Dinero was introduced to wrestling fans as Elijah Burke as a part of the ECW brand. He was a member of the stable New Breed with Marcus Cor Von (TNA’s Monty Brown), Kevin Thorn, Matt Striker and CM Punk.

After the stable disbanded, he went on to singles competition, but found no success. He feuded with Batista and teamed with Shelton Benjamin. He debuted in 2008 with the “Black Pope” gimmick but was released in May.

He debuted with TNA in the Steel Asylum match at the 2009 Hard Justice event.

As "The Pope," Dinero can cut a really good promo.
In 2010, Dinero won the 8 Card Stud tournament, earning himself a world title shot against AJ Styles at Lockdown. Despite a good showing, he came up unsuccessful.

Throughout the rest of his time with the company, Dinero bounced around from feud to feud. From the Immortal and Fortune alliance to Mexican America, Dinero was never able to reach the popularity he once had when he debuted.

Dinero was taken off of TV when he was attacked by Aces & Eights at the 2012 Hard Justice, three years after his debut.

Now that Dinero is no longer with TNA, is a return to WWE a possibility?

Would you want to see D'Angelo Dinero back with WWE?
Yes
No
Submit Vote vote to see results
I honestly hope so because Dinero is entertaining in the ring. As Elijah Burke in WWE, he wasn’t anything to write home about, but at “The Pope” he was able to cut good promos for TNA.

There is certainly room within WWE for Dinero to return, especially with all of the programming they have available.

If the rumors are true and Shelton Benjamin does return, they can come back together as a team.

Regardless, it will be worth keeping an eye out to see where Dinero signs in a couple of months.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:36 AM

I think it would be great to see him back in the wwe. If Shelton Benjamin doesnt come back , i could see Dinero teaming with R-truth.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:37 AM

They haven't used Elijiah Burke in months. So it's no surprising. If TNA won't use him, then WWE should. He's a very talented and entertaining wrestler. I don't know about teaming with Benjamin. Their styles are so different.
01-16-2013, 09:41 AM

He is a pure WWE style technical guy even though he was in ECW (WWE's ECW). And WWE is hurting for good talent since Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton keep doing drugs.
01-16-2013, 09:50 AM

I don't really blame him for not resigning, he wasn't doing much in TNA, even though he was given some title opportunities within TNA!

WWE could resign him, I'm not sure if he would be used any differently than what he was the first time he was with WWE! If I was the Pope, I would be looking at ROH as a possible place to wrestle!
01-16-2013, 09:56 AM

I would except for Dinero to take a short break from Pro Wrestling, spend time with his family. Recuperate. Take smells steps back into the sport, getting his edge back in independent promotions around the US. Then maybe ROH would be his best bet for now, have a couple of matches and potentially a run in the WWE with former WWE and ROH star Shelton Benjamin. While in ECW as Elijah Burke he wasn't anything special. But like Shelton they both have hidden talent which needs to be unveiled, which the WWE failed to do.

Possibly a late entry in the Royal Rumble 2013? Quite possibly, but unlikely due to a clause in most Pro Wrestlers contracts that states that they can't wrestle in another promotion/company for a set number of days, normally 30. But I this may not be the case, I not to sure on his old TNA contract. The problem with the Elijah gimmick was it wasn't very good, The Pope gimmick is though, but TNA own and copyright it so it can't be used in the WWE or any other company/promotion except TNA if they give consent or sell on the rights.