This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why am I not authorised to use the Twitter App on an iMac?
01-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Why am I not authorised to use the Twitter App on an iMac?
Hello, I have just recently received a new iMac and decided to install some apps and software. Among them, Twitter is something I already use, I installed the App however upon attempting to sign in using it, I get an error message reading "Not Authorised" Can anyone tell me why this message is appearing and where it is coming from? Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:31 AM

Maybe you did not authorize the permissions for that app correctly....

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:37 AM

Which Twitter app?

"I not authorised to use the Twitter App "

"I installed the App however upon attempting to sign in using it"

Confusion abounds!

What does the message actually say? Although you put "Not Authorised" in quotes I would guess it actually says "Not Authorized" and some other stuff.

Are you (can you?) logged into Twitter from the Mac at...

System Preferences > Mail, Contacts & Calendars > Twitter
01-16-2013, 09:44 AM

Twitter is now integrated as a system-wide service in OS X. Twitter accounts need to be added to the system and you need to authorize apps to use that Twitter account.

Go to System Preferences > Mail, Contacts & Calendars. Verify that your Twitter account is there and that the password is correct. The click Show All to return to all preferences and select Security and Privacy. Select Twitter and verify that you did not accidentally reject an app's request to use Twitter.