This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anybody watch Dateline tonight about invitro fertilization and what happened to the families involved?
01-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Anybody watch Dateline tonight about invitro fertilization and what happened to the families involved?
Your opinions please? No right or wrong answers, just opinions on the subject. I went to the website thinking I could post my opinion but couldn't find where to post it, short of going to facebook, which I hate. Most websites have a place where you can post your opinion on shows, but I couldn't find theirs.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:37 AM

I didn't watch the whole show, but yes I saw that segment. But I missed how the mix-up happened to begin with. I'm assuming their was some sort of mix-up in the lab because I saw that the blonde woman got pregnant with the other couples' baby. Thank GOD she decided to carry that baby for them, she really didn't have to. It was very unselfish and sweet of her to do that because she knew she wouldn't be able to get pregnant again with her and her husbands sperm/egg because of her age. I felt like the other couple didn't give her enough credit for that unselfish act. Especially the woman, she was talking about how awkward and uncomfortable it was for her! And acted like it was just so annoying to have the other couple involved. I'm sure it was but seemed odd to complain like that when that couple was giving you such a gift. Maybe I took it the wrong way but that's the impression I got. But I see that they do let her and her husband have contact with the little boy so that's good. Obviously, they have a connection with him and I wanted to cry when they showed the picture of the blonde womans husband(sorry I cant remember their names, Sean I think), when he handed the baby boy over to the other couple and they were sooo happy and smiling and then there's Sean with tears in his eyes and he looked like he just was about to cry or had been crying. My heart really broke for him. His wife as well.
Very sweet ending with their little twin girls and their other kids all enjoying time together.

Also I noticed they said both couples reached a settlement with the place that made the mistake. They didn't say how much but I can imagine it's in the millions. They all deserve it after what they've been through. How do you even begin to put a price on the pain it caused. But thankfully it all worked out.

What was your opinions on it? I'd love to hear. I also wish their was a site other than Facebook or Twitter to discuss shows like this.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply