This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you drink coffee? Need marketing ideas for my espresso stand?
01-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Do you drink coffee? Need marketing ideas for my espresso stand?
I have an espresso stand and I need some marketing ideas. What are some creative ideas to get people to stop? Do you think its a good (profitable) idea to put a coupon in the newspaper? Any creative ideas, creative or not, that you have would be great!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:36 AM

Putting coupons in a newspaper is a great idea for new businesses because it is a form of advertising that will also draw people to your store. If you have a good product, the people will keep coming back so in the long run the newspaper ad idea is well worth it.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:39 AM

also have free samples on x day of the week for an hour or two
coupons are a great idea
offer a buy 1 get one free or half off sale on y day of the week
post on craigslist under free... have it so they have to print the ad to get half off a cup or free cup
post posters or fliers around town too
01-16-2013, 09:45 AM

Handing out samples is a great idea. Make business cards that you can redeem for a free cup of coffee and had them out at businesses and to people you meet along the way.
Go to any offices or businesses that are in walking distance and give the office free coffee on a particular day. Just show up with the coffee and some free coupons. If your stuff is good they will come back.
01-16-2013, 09:49 AM

Jess.... "Marketing" means that you should have studied up on where and how to place your product in the market. What you need now are some sales & advertising ideas:
1. Yes, coupons are a good and inexpensive way to advertise.
2. Make your own and drop them off at the near by offices, schools, university and supermarkets.
3. Invite one of the local radio stations to do their morning broadcast from your stand.
4. If people come in groups of three offer the 3rd (and least costly cup) coffee free.
5. Sell discount cards: Buy 9 coffees and get the 10th one free. Give the buyer a card with your stand's name on it and every time they come you punch out the card.
6. Get your vendors to give you “give aways”: brochures on the type of coffee you are serving, chocolates, pins... and much much more. All you’ve got to do is ask and insist and your vendors will help you.
7. Give away pins with your stand’s name on it. Whoever comes to the stand wearing your pin get’s a free refill.
8. Become a coffee expert and chat about your brew with your customers.
9. Delivery service to the near by offices...
10. Enjoy what you do and your customers will enjoy you.
01-16-2013, 09:50 AM

advertising is great for a new business.
maybe a 2 for 1 deal for 1 or 2 weeks only.
just a promotional thing
01-16-2013, 09:57 AM

BeanDay."Everyday is a BeanDay"
01-16-2013, 10:01 AM

Jess, several things you can do here. First, get on MySpace and Facebook. Put up a profile that highlights you and your passion for the bean. Post articles in the blog that DO NOT PITCH your stand but give away information about the brewing process, where your particular beans come from, how to make it at home, the best temperature....you get the idea. Make yourself valuable. Give away free info and value to establish yourself as an expert.

Get a program called FriendBlasterPro (they have a free trial) and start adding friends to your page on MySpace. Post bulletins at least once or twice a week telling something that's going on...those coupon and other discount things are great fot that.

Go buy a cheap video camera and ask happy customers if you can film them talking about how they like your stuff. Post them on your page. Go to a program called tubemogul.com and send those videos all over the place to drive traffic back to your page.

If you need any help with this visit my page at myspace.com/soartheclouds and email me from there. Glad to help.
Jeff