This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I get my husband a Color Nook for his birthday, or go all out and get him an iPad 2?
01-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Should I get my husband a Color Nook for his birthday, or go all out and get him an iPad 2?
He really enjoys reading, so I was considering getting him a Color Nook. However, we have talked in the past about getting an IPAD 2. He has a work laptop that I know he will take when he travels. So is the IPAD 2 worth considering?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:37 AM

Ipad 2 you can do prettty much everything on there including read

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:41 AM

For reading , go with the Nook

The ipad2 can't really replace a laptop.
01-16-2013, 09:48 AM

If you get the iP ad 2 your husband will be so happy with it he will forget the computer and don't forget the iPad 2 has a lot of apps and iBooks is better than anything now and if he wants to read amazon or nook books he should get the app. I should know I have BOTH.
01-16-2013, 09:58 AM

I'd go for the iPad. He can install both the Nook and Kindle readers (and iBooks), which means he can buy ebooks from any online store. Also, he'll be able to watch videos, listen to music and play games.
01-16-2013, 10:03 AM

Hi, Melissa, I'd recommend something for half the price of iPad but that'll give you all that you need from a tablet - portability, apps, music, video, and a great screen. It's Nook Color from Barnes & Noble that is the best value of the current tablet market at $250. Even though Nook Color has LCD touchscreen, it's a new generation screen which is anti-glare coated and thus it better performs in sunlight producing less glare while reading on iPad in painful. The screen is amazing and readable/viewable at wide angles. You can get two Nook Color's for the price of one iPad. Nook Color is more than e-Reader as you can also watch video and use Android applications on it. It's a hybrid device, much more than just an e-Reader but not a full tablet as it doesn't have a camera. Nook Color has several apps that already come with the device (Pandora Internet radio, QuickOffice, etc.) and hundreds of other apps are available for download. Also, you can use the Social Settings screen to link your NOOK Color to your Facebook account and your Twitter account. You can also import all your contacts from your Google Gmail account. Once you have linked to Facebook and Twitter and set up email contacts, you can lend and borrow books, recommend books, and share favorite quotes with your friends. When you walk in with the Nook to Barnes & Noble store, you’re allowed to read any available eBook for free while in the store via free provided in the store Wi-Fi. Nooks have USB port and microSD card slot. Nook store has over 2 million of paid books and about the same number of free public domain books. You can buy Nook’s at Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Millon, Walmart, BestBuy, Staples, OfficeMax, Fred Mayer, P.C. Richard etc. stores and web sites.
Nook Color supports:
EPUB (including Non or Adobe DRM)
PDF
Other documents: XLS, DOC, PPT, PPS, TXT, DOCM, XLSM, PPTM, PPSX, PPSM, DOCX, XLX, PPTX
Graphics: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
Audio: MP3, MP4, AAC
Video: MP4