This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some major differences between Facebook and Twitter?
01-16-2013, 09:31 AM
What are some major differences between Facebook and Twitter?
I am writing a contrast essay on facebook and Twitter. We have to have three main differences. I already used purpose and privacy settings and I am stumped on the third one. Can someone please help give me a couple ideas Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:34 AM

It is considered sociably un-acceptable to update your facebook status fifty times a day, therefor we have twitter to update everything we are doing, even breathing.
Tongue

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:38 AM

a good third one would be that you have to be at least 13 to use facebook, but you have to be at least 18 to use twitter

look at the terms of service yourself to see
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM

Twitter is a lot more minimalist that Facebook because Facebook has this thriving developer community where there are all of these web applications that are accessible on the Facebook website as well as a lot of personalisation features when it comes to creating a profile for yourself, heavy advertising, timeline to show all your memories to people who are nosy enough to look spam, automatic sharing from apps like Netflix and Spotify and even some fitness apps. In fact Facebook's whole user experience is focused on encouraging it's users to share as much as possible.

Twitter is completely different to this, while there are third party apps that give you the option to share app info, they aren't available via Twitter clients or via the Twitter website itself, and they don't automatically share data. The information you can share is very limited as well, tweets are limited to 140 characters and while you can share photos you can't upload more than one at once. Except for things like Twitter accounts set up for brands there's no advertising. The only profile details you can give include just a short bio about yourself, a location and a URL.

That should help you Smile
01-16-2013, 09:43 AM

Facebook...this is for social networking, being friends with people you want to be friends with. You can also upload pictures, comment on other people's status and pictures, etc.

Twitter...this is usually a quick one sentence update to let people know what you are doing. It is a micro bloging site. People can follow you and you can follow as many people as you like without their permission.