This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ive sent NHS direct a online message saying how im feeling, which isnt great...?
01-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Ive sent NHS direct a online message saying how im feeling, which isnt great...?
Just wondering,and worrying..at bit more/they wont just send someone to my home? x

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:35 AM

They would have to process it first and it can sometimes take months. Sorry but good luck anyway

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:45 AM

I think they will prob email you back! I don't think they would send someone to you without talking with you first.
01-16-2013, 09:47 AM

If you've told them you're about to attempt suicide then they can do, but they might not even read your email for 48 hours. They will of course be questioning why you have emailed them if you are desperate, knowing you may not get a reply for several days.

Could you possibly be a little more specific? It's not possible to say whether they will send somebody to your house without knowing the content of the email.
01-16-2013, 09:52 AM

The others are right. NHS Direct do not send people around to peoples houses unless they know why they are doing so and it is not their staff they send. It is GP out of hours staff of community staff and they have to justify why they are asking.

If you have emailed NHS Direct they may not read your email for sometime dependant of which address you have sent it to. There is a warning on the web site "Please do not use this Contact Us page for health and medical enquiries – visit the Check your symptoms page instead". Have you tried their on line symptom checker? Many people find this excellent.

If you are feeling so bad you cannot visit either your GP or a Pharmacist,or you do not know whether that is appropriate then you need to ring NHS Direct on 0845 4647. They will assess your symptoms and advise on the best course of action for you.
01-16-2013, 10:01 AM

This from NHS Direct, we've received your message and the mafia are going to pay you a visit. If you value your goolies you'd better move.........QUICKLY!!!!
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM

Hi Splash,

I'm writing on behalf of NHS Direct.

Sorry to read that you're not feeling great, and I'm also sorry that you've sent us an 'online message' and haven't yet heard back from us.

We can't give medical advice here, or via Twitter or Facebook, but if you're still looking for health advice, you can contact us on 0845 4647, or you can use one of our symptom checkers on our website. In most cases, we can arrange a call-back from one of our nurses, but just so you know, we will never simply send anybody to your home.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes

NHS Direct
01-16-2013, 10:09 AM

hi. if your email said that you are planning to, or have already, hurt yourself or someone else then they have a duty of care to intervene. i have phoned nhs direct before and told the call handler that i had taken too many pills and wanted some advice. i missed the call back from the nurse as i was vomiting so she sent an ambulance to my house and they called the police because i didn't want to go to hospital.

i don't know what you wrote in your email so i can't say what their response will be. if you think you gave them undue cause for concern then i would email them again immediately, referencing the first email, explaining that you are ok and you were feeling over emotional when you first wrote. if they do not have your phone number i would include it so that everything can be remedied asap.

don't worry about what you have done, just make it right and put it behind you. please talk to someone about how you are feeling so that you can start to feel better.
best wishes, A x