This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need some basic fashion tips (Male)?
01-16-2013, 09:34 AM
I need some basic fashion tips (Male)?
I quite frankly couldn't care less about fashion, designer brands and spending ridiculous amounts of money on clothes. However, I was in town the other day; I saw myself in a mirror and I thought I just looked scruffy. It has never really bothered me before, and while at home I certainly don't care what I look like (Standard attire is a pair of cheap jeans, cheap t-shirt, hoody and filthy trainers), but it bothered me that my appearance might/probably does affect what other people think of me.

I have absolutely no intention of spending large amounts of money on expensive clothes just to look fashionable, so I really just want to look smarter, but not really formal. Do you have any advice on the sorts of clothes I should buy?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:34 AM

Take a female friend to the high street shops with you and try many different clothes until you find your style. Don't worry about the money factor, there are a few cheap stores out there where you can buy things that are ok.

It's difficult to provide advice given the lack of information. Your clothes should suit your looks and personality and you have to feel comfortable wearing them.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:36 AM

ok even though im a girl i really like choosing guys their clothes mainly my brothers and i seem to get it spot on, dont wear hoodies all the time. type into google mens Jumpers v neck are much nicer than round neck.i seem to like mens knit style jumpers dont know about you.
skinny jeans are much better than baggy ones dark jeans not light ones. they seem to make people smaller.
and shoes just try anything but trainers try Broags, you dont have to get them but they seem to last longer than trainers. Thats all i can think of. Hope that helped
01-16-2013, 09:37 AM

you're right. it will affect what other people will think of you. that's how society is nowadays. they judge you based on what 'brands' you wear and appearances. I'm sort of in between the line when it comes to fashion. I don't follow every trend, but then again I want to look my best.

my advice for you I'd say is I know you aren't as interested when it comes to fashion however people would happily appreciate that you dress your best e.g. when attending parties or a gathering with friends! DON'T follow all these ridiculously weird trends such as wearing ear lobe stretchers or wearing skinny jeans. (it makes you look feminine and camp)

shirts would look great in the fall weather. you can wear it over any T-shirt or with a knitted jumper or cardigan.
wear fitted or slim jeans rather than tight skinny ones. it just looks better on men. coloured trousers are in this fall however go for colours such as burgundy, brown and beige.
to me it looks casual and smart if your roll up the jeans/trousers.
try to find a smart pair of shoes you'd wear rather than vans or converse (almost everyone has them) I'd preferably get mustard, brown or black pair of shoes as it goes best with trousers and you'll have a easier time to find what will go with your outfit.
you can also wear watches, belts (doesn't have to be fancy or expensive)

do try to keep updated on particular shops you like by requesting catalogues or on twitter, facebook page etc. shops with a big brand name like Abercrombie and Fitch tend to be more expensive because it's popular. I'd rather go to shops like H&M men.