This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Agree or Disagree - Punk vs Rock can be better than Rock vs Cena?
01-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Agree or Disagree - Punk vs Rock can be better than Rock vs Cena?
I think Punk and Rock can easily surpass the feud from last year. You?

BQ - Who won Round 1 between Rock and Punk?
What I mean is the overall feud and of course the match

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:43 AM

if it was at wrestlemania sure especially since it's a top heel facing the rock. we should have all 3 against each other which i hope, the 3 who has good mic skills and probably the top 3

BQ: the rock... action speaks louder than words Wink

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:51 AM

Agree, too bad it's not a Wrestlemania match Cena vs Rock was stale, it was just freakin awful every week who won that promo? Cena owns Rock Rock owns Cena who cares! It's just a promo I was so sick of it now they might have a rematch again this year god help us all.
01-16-2013, 09:55 AM

Sure it can, particularly on the mic.

The Rock vs. Cena was very good, and it climaxed well with a superb match at Wrestlemania, but if you analyze it a bit, the beginnings of their feud was dominated by increasingly juvenile name-calling on the microphone. While it was always pretty funny on both sides, it did get repetitive, although that fault can probably be at least partially attributed to the fact that they had well over a full year to draw it out before their match. With so much time they can't really be expected to hit a home run every time out.

The Rock vs. Punk is different, on a few levels. While they've been sparring back and forth on Twitter or whatever for a while now, their feud is going to be MUCH more condensed. In terms of in-ring action and confrontations, they have three weeks to heat things up, which drives the intensity much higher than most of Cena/Rock almost by default. Plus, Punk/Rock is for the title, and a major component of Punk's character/gimmick right now is the huge length of his championship reign. He's beaten, or slithered past, just about everybody in the WWE, but he's never faced The Rock. Its very much a "who's better" feel, even more so than Cena vs. The Rock was.

Another big aspect that is going to charge this rivalry up. Unlike Cena/Rock, this is a good guy vs. a bad guy. A hero against a villain. Sure, Punk has shades of grey to him, and he's one of the few WWE bad guys who makes valid points that make you think when he speaks, but at the end of the day it's good against bad. Cena/Rock was more fans picking which star they preferred. This has a different vibe to it. Punk/Rock, to me at least, feels like The Rock is the good guy, and after all the crap with Cena and Ryback we KNOW Punk is the bad guy, but Punk has some truth to his claims, or at least measured truth. That makes things infinitely more interesting than your standard feud.

On the mic, I'm already enjoying Punk/Rock more. The Cena/Rock mic battles got great towards the end as Wrestlemania approached, but they largely consisted of teasing back and forth. Punk doesn't do that. He gets angry. He gets fired up. And The Rock, so far, has answered brilliantly. I have no worries about them in the ring either. They're both incredible.

BQ: I thought Punk won last night on RAW pretty solidly, but a large part of that was his opening segment before The Rock came out. When they are really, truly on their game, no one in the wrestling industry can cut a promo like CM Punk, and he was on fire last night. Still, The Rock was very good in answering him.

Round one to Punk.