This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Obama won because 50% of the people aren't making enough money to live off of and those who are?
01-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Obama won because 50% of the people aren't making enough money to live off of and those who are?
making enough are the minority?

http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-i...taxes.html
Unemployment rates spiked in 2009 after the market crash so I don't want to hear this don't want to work excuse because it isn't true. People will work if jobs are there.
@Libraybootch: Your insults are so very Cosmopolitaine too. I took two things and made a logical link between the two as I was taught in my writing class. What's your deal?
@LibrayCbag: "you people" huh?
@Libraywasteofbreath: You don't know me, so don't pretend like you do. If you have something to contribute to the question than do so, if you want to spread your hatred keep it to your bitter self.
@Armchair Goddess and Riley: Touchy aren't we? I thought this question was coming from your side of the spectrum and yet you take offense? Call ppl names in your first sentence and I stop reading and thumb it down. No Romney wouldn't be better, but that's not the effing question. Why are yall so defensive?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:42 AM

sad but true

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:45 AM

That's a load of crap.

It is appalling what you people believe without questioning how rational and logical it is.

Critical thinking skills are not the forte of the cons. (and in fact, in Texas, the con republicans want to ban teaching critical thinking skills.)

NTU is famous for wrong information.
01-16-2013, 09:54 AM

yes that right he won because 69 million people live off the few

geez

the low educated voter in this country is what is wrong with it

hey like corker and alexanders bill they want to cut social security by one TRILLION dollar read it and weep
01-16-2013, 09:57 AM

Yes. This time even a billion dollars wasn't enough to sell the failed conservative agenda to the majority of Americans and in the past four years the GOP has done absolutely nothing to make things better. The sad thing (for the GOP, anyway) is that no one in that party seems to understand that it is their policies that people don't like. They still think Obama was elected because he was black...I think they are going to understand how utterly stupid that is when the Democrats run a Caucasian in the next election and even red necks in the south won't be voting Republican.
01-16-2013, 10:03 AM

A record number of people retired early in 2009 as well as a record number of people going on disability because of the inability to find work. I lost my job in 2011 and looked for a job for a year. They don't hire nonprofessional people at 64 for any job that Social Security isn't a better option financially. I had 3 interviews in a year's time. No job offers so I just opted to retire. The aging boomers are going to make the retired segment much larger than ever in history. In 2009, Social Security recipients rose by 19% and I'm sure that hasn't changed on a yearly basis much since then. That must be factored into the kind of statistics you are looking at.

I would really like to see a breakdown by type of employment like manufacturing, retail, medical, management, finance, etc. That would tell a story itself. Internet sales are going to replace a lot of retail jobs gradually but then there are jobs that open up to fill those orders. Much of that process is automated and the parts that aren't are very stressful and low paying. We are in the midst of big changes as far as the basis of our economy in a global market place with so many developing nations taking our place.

I believe the future in the US will be in de development and our economy will be based on selling our natural resources and our employment will be in new kinds of energy and medical. De development basically. The citizens of the US will be living very minimalistic lives in the coming years. Its all part of the global plan. I don't know if that will change at all when the boomer generation dies off. I doubt it as long as the effort is in "saving the planet". However, I can't logically explain why developing nations are not being required to use green technology. Without cheap energy, there can be no growth. The world is very intentionally being rearranged. It would help very much if the government would make it clear to people what they should be doing to improve their lot in life besides going to college. People in their 50's aren't going to go into debt to get a degree. It would seem Obama's focus is limited very much toward the young people in this area.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nati...rity_N.htm
01-16-2013, 10:06 AM

So you think that the NEANDERTHAL attitudes of the religious-freak Republican males had nothing to do with the GOP's huge losses and the by-a-landslide RE-ELECTION of our nation-saving President Obama? How about ol' sociopathic Romney's whole "47%" spiel that was tape-recorded so we, the people, could see Romney's true, arrogant colors could be shown---you don't think that leaked tape had anything to do with the GOP's losses and the Obama-Democrat wins?

How about voter suppression, anti-blacks, anti-gays, anti-women's rights, anti-Hispanics---all part of the GOP's always-fail platform...you do not accept that these idiocies might have had something to do with President Obama winning by the proverbial landslide? You're delusional.
01-16-2013, 10:08 AM

Bull Sh*t ! Like Romney could do any better...