This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you get people to follow you on twitter?
10-08-2012, 04:47 PM
How do you get people to follow you on twitter?
I just got a twitter a few days ago, and i have this overwhelming three followers. How do i get more people to actually know about my twitter and follow me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM

What do you have on your profile on Twitter? Does your profile say, "brown-eyed Texan" or "blondie from LA?" That's great, but you also want to add your hobbies or your profession. This is important because people search for Twitter contacts who share similar hobbies or jobs.

Start following people according to their interests. If you play the guitar, then type "plays guitar" into the search area to see a whole list of people that are also interested in the guitar. Click on their profiles and see if they are good matches for you and start following them. As a result, they are more likely to follow you.

Add "Follow Me on Twitter" to your blog, website and email. Make it a hyperlink so it's easy for people to click on and follow you. Add your Twitter link to your business cards and stationery.

Tweet interesting tweets and retweet other peoples' tweets that you find intriguing. When you see something interesting on a website or in the news, copy and paste the URL and put it on Twitter.

When people start following you, send them each a direct message to thank them. Check out their profiles so that you know something about them.

Fridays are "Follow Friday" days. It is a good way to find out about people from your followers and for you to introduce your followers to other people. Take the time every Friday to let others know about your friends, and they will do the same for you.

Ads

just wait people will follow you eventually

. Create a separate tumblr blog and choose a niche there, once you gather real followers start promoting your twitter account.
. Always use a sexy female pic, but not from a model, but from a regular next-door girl, should be incredibly sexy
. Create a viral youtube video where you ask for followers and telling people you would do anything to get them

the quickest method is follow people who auto follow back. I used the method and reached 20,000 followers. my twitter @jomartien

It's not hard to get twitter followers, even without tools, if you know where to advertise your page.

Take a look at this tutorial:

http://crescentskies.hubpages.com/hub/TwitterFollowers

It has a few places you can advertise your twitter on.