This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you promote and get ticket sales?
01-16-2013, 09:36 AM
How do you promote and get ticket sales?
I recently became a promoter for a local venue and I am looking to sell a certain amount of tickets. I don't have a huge list of friends interested in the venue so my friends/family is limited.

Any tips for promoting this event and buying tickets from specifically me versus another promoter?
I have a early bird discount available already but I am competing among other people in the area.

One girl that promotes says she attaches business cards to the flyer (with contact info) and gets a lot of business that way. Should I do something similar? Any other ideas maybe from experience (other than facebook) for getting ticket sales?

Thank you.
Also - what would be the best way for people to contact me? Email, phone, facebook (all)? A lot of people buy tickets online - other than the discount, what would make it more alluring for them to buy from me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:41 AM

Advertising: newspaper, radio, TV (expensive), local restaurant guides, billboard, side of your car, side of a truck, park benches, etc.

Develop an email list of everyone interested in events like plays and concerts. Everytime that you have an event, send a nice professional email to this group. Don't send them too many and don't be obnoxious. Just announce the events.

Maybe the Chamber of Commerce can help you. Maybe you can leave flyers there. Or they can send an email to their member list.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:44 AM

A really cheap but reliable option is the website Fiverr.com. People will hand out flyers (with your business info, ticket deals and contact info/website) in major cities or college campuses across the US for only $5.

You can also find people who will advertise for you on their websites, or send out tweets to over 100,000 followers with links to your deals for only $5. Whatever your budget is this is a very useful resource to keep bookmarked.

Below is an example of a twitter promotion deal.