This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Using HotSpot Shield is it possible someone may trace my location ?
01-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Using HotSpot Shield is it possible someone may trace my location ?
As i see using HotSpot Shield my ip and server provider both are changed if i check it , so is there still a possibility that someone may trace me for example on FB or twitter etc is my ip traceable ???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:41 AM

yes

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:49 AM

This is a two-part answer

The first part being that Facebook and twitter do log your IP address in their system. But you have to keep in mind that that information is not publicly posted and is securely kept in their servers. Someone would have to break into the servers and retrieve the information before they can even start a trace.

As for your concern about having your hotspot Shield and your IP being traced that is always a quite possibility. But if they are being changed over time is unlikely that someone will trace you. Of course we're talking about people and most people that even know the first step into tracing someone with IP addresses.
01-16-2013, 09:51 AM

All is very traceable with a subpoena to your ISP. Every PC has a signature and a computer name. You’d be hard press to not be untraceable. Would it mask your IP? Yes, for location purposes and IP identification at a topical layer -- absolutely.
01-16-2013, 09:58 AM

No, that's the whole point.
If you are using hotspot shield you are using their servers and ISP, so any attempt at tracing your ISP will result in the searcher being given the ISP of whatever server hotspot shield are using at that time, and it is never the same.
It is acting as a proxy to ensure your ISP stays hidden.