This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it weird that I like being an outcast?
01-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Is it weird that I like being an outcast?
I'm a 17 year old male, and growing up I was really shy and awkward for most of my childhood. I was a really late bloomer which caused me to be shorter and weaker than my peers, so I never played sports or did anything like that. Looking back I was a really creative kid though because I always had a lot of time on my hands (like I do now.) I did have a lot of friends throughout life until recently. I don't hang out with anybody anymore so I don't really consider anyone a close friend at least. I did realize that I'm an introvert, I mean even from when I was a kid.

For a while I was living a life that wasn't for me, so I had to distance myself from some "friends". It just seems like my generation is so fake, everybody feels compelled to use dumb websites like twitter and instagram, and I honestly don't understand why. I hate texting and talking on the phone, not the act itself but people having the most trivial conversations while doing so. I don't share any common interests with anyone because I have weird tastes, but I'm not a hipster even though I've been called one before. I feel like if a person truly wanted to get to know me they'd put some effort into it, in which case I wouldn't be hostile at all. I actually have a really unique personality and the few people I talk to on a daily basis in school enjoy my company so it's not that I'm boring or anything.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:45 AM

you seem to lack social skills and have cut yourself off from people as a self protective mechanism.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:54 AM

I don't think it's weird. Being an outcast is awesome in my opinion. You don't have 'best friends' to annoy you constantly. I enjoy being a loner, with a few distant friends. If that makes any sense.
01-16-2013, 09:57 AM

Nope - not weird at all. You have above average intelligence and are an individual. But you will need friends in the future. Try to make sure you go on to some form of higher education, where you are likely to meet at least a few like-minded people. You could accomplish great things if you use your talents.
01-16-2013, 10:04 AM

Sounds like you're at the tale-end of an awkward phase.

Life is too short, take some advice from someone older, who went through a very similar phase in high school, GET OUT THERE!

Make some racket! lol

Make friends, get a girlfriend, get into trouble, have fun, life is too short and before you know it, you will miss out on the opportunity to do stupid sh*t, and it be acceptable: high school--only place you can get away with doing the dumbest shi* on earth

Good luck!
01-16-2013, 10:11 AM

no, as long as you're happy and not hurting anyone