This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does everything change so fast, and society moves at a lightning-fast pace?
10-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Why does everything change so fast, and society moves at a lightning-fast pace?
In this past decade alone computers cell phones, etc became smaller, intertwined,..our pop idols like britney went frmo young and hot to older and cr@zy, endless and countless of people's careers came and went...first aol, then this then that, then my space, thenfacebook, then twitter,...it's like..what was hot 2 years ago..is so late and over by now and done with. Ur already washed up.

EVERYTHING is about ..this SECOND, this MOMENT..and tomorrow. the future.

It's like society's all about rush rush rush, and so complex, and moves at such a fast pace, that you're never assured anything anymore. Everything is FLEETING. Everything is a fad. nothing's treasured everymore. Everything is the new hot item of the month, or the "it" person for that season, and then after it's done,...you're old, you're done, you're nothing, unless of course you re-invent yourself or whatever.

How do we keep ourselves afloat and make it in today's NOW oriented and fast paced times?

I mean it's crazy, and so media saturated that everything is just instantaneous. Pix on cellphones/cameras, all sorts of things.

and it's all rapid. What happened in the news 2 days ago is already "old news" to many people.

And it's getting faster, and faster, and faster, and faster.

Is this healthy...should we adapt and keep up or what?

Even back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, it wasn't THIS fast. if you were a celeb, you stayed there, you were ensured lasting status, if you had money or were good looking that was remembered and treasured througout.

Now..you're just a flash in the pan, 15 minutes, and then you're done and forgotten.

I mean clay aiken who won idol back in what like 2002-2003-2004 is already considered over, washed up, whatever. and that wasn't TOO long ago.

it's like...TIME is even viewed differently.

One year nowadays is like.....a LONG time, yet it goes by very quickly at the SAME time.

how do we make sense out of all of this craziness, and better yet....

the people that actually are BEHIND all of this stuff, the people who make the technologies, push the trends etc....

are they aliens from outer space or just have extremely high IQs?

I don't get it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 03:51 PM

Ha Ha....the question under yours is "How do you make the time go by faster?"

Everyone has a different perspective I guess. Look at how long John Wayne was the biggest star. Years and years. Same with Jimmy Stewart. The celebrities that I wish would go away, like Spears,Hilton and Lohan, hang on because of their foolish lives. I don't know how old yo are but believe me, the time will keep going faster and faster for you so I hope you can deal with it. Change is difficult for most of us.

Ads

10-11-2012, 03:51 PM

You have to choose what is important to you and what isn't. In many cases, fashion, celebrities, and musicians are all merely temporary, for they are not guaranteed popularity forever.

You can get a gist of how long something is going to last by how productive it is to society as a whole. For instance, technological advancements and biological breaktrhoughs will always be championed over the Jonas brothers.

For instance, people still use medicines and procedures to treat diseases that were invented a century ago.