This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
As a conservative what do you have to say about the Westboro Baptist People?
01-16-2013, 09:39 AM
As a conservative what do you have to say about the Westboro Baptist People?
"The Westboro Baptist Church, the controversial group known for protesting outside funerals of slain U.S. service members, announced that it will picket a vigil for the victims of Friday's Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the second-deadliest school shooting in American history.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, a spokesperson for the group and, like most members of the organization, a relative of the group's founder, Fred Phelps, announced on Twitter on Saturday the group's plan "to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment."

wow. I cannot believe this kind of sh!t from conservatives these days
These people are praising the massacre for killing children. How could anyone be so insane and cruel? But more importantly insane?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:41 AM

Phelps is a proud Democrat.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:47 AM

I think they're brainwashed and disturbed and highly inconsiderate of their fellow Americans. There are lot's of rude people in the world and misery loves company.
01-16-2013, 09:49 AM

I do not agree with their views and actions.
01-16-2013, 09:53 AM

Im gonna westboro baptise you right away.
01-16-2013, 10:02 AM

Conservatives are far right on the political spectrum, but these guys are so far right that they are about to fall off altogether lol.

Edit:@Jenny Manyteeth
Actually most do have a problem with them. So much so many state have passed special laws that prevent these people from protesting within a certain distance for a Funeral and within a hour before and after it. All these laws have been 100% bi-partisanship.
01-16-2013, 10:08 AM

they are just a liberal church.
01-16-2013, 10:10 AM

If somebody just has to do a mass shooting leave our kids alone and just shoot up the members of the WBC
01-16-2013, 10:13 AM

I think its superbly sickening that they take advantage of tragedies like funerals and school shootings to voice what they have to say. Even though I think its despicable, though, doesn't mean they don't have the right to do it. While I agree with their message, its their timing that I abhor. There are times to exercise your first amendment rights, and there are times to just shut the f*ck up and let people mourn the loss of loved ones.

By the way, as far as I know they're not praising the massacre of children. As far as I know, they go to places like soldiers' funerals and school massacres to state their objection to gays.
01-16-2013, 10:20 AM

One word, cult.