This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I have social anxiety or something?
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Do I have social anxiety or something?
Ok so for about a month now I have been like a hermit.

My grandparents have been trying to get ahold of me for a while but I refuse to answer and I don't want to. It kind of annoys me that they even keep trying and that they b*tch about me not calling back. I just don't want to talk to them.

I moved across the country pretty much a little over a year now and I have had a good relationship with some of my closest friends even though we are so far apart but now, I don't text back I don't want to.

I work at Wells Fargo in a large team/group and when I am there, for the most part I am socialble and enjoy talking to people but not if they try to hang out or something, then I want them to leave me alone but I get annoyed when they ask me about things and go through someone else to do it.

I go to work and go to school and sit at home with my boyfriend, we have no problems and I dont mind talking to him and I don't get annoyed with him being around. we have been together 2 years almost so that is not from new relationship high.

I don't know whats going on cuz I feel kinda like a jerk but honestly I dont want to deal with talking or helping or hanging out with other people. I thought it might be a phase but it is not going away and I get even more annoyed when people try to talk (BOTHER) me lately.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:49 AM

No, you are just a person who likes their privacy, and is mature enough to know you cannot please everybody.

It is a normal choice to limit your personal details to a "close circle" of friends.

At the same time, you should understand that your grandparents are bored b/c they used to have an active life, but now nobody talks to them b/c half their friends are dead, and their children are busy with their lives.

So send them a short note saying you are busy at work, and apologize for lack of communication. Keep doing it, they will get the message eventually.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:51 AM

That sounds like my life. I wouldn't even own a cell phone or computer if it wasn't for the need to be competitive at school and in the job market. It sounds mostly like you are just a hard worker by nature and you are confusing other things for that fact.