This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are Promoted Tweets?
10-11-2012, 03:49 PM
I just opened a Twitter account and posted videos a few days ago. I now have someone else in my Tweets...says Promoted By Red Mango. What does that mean?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 03:57 PM

red mango has promoted whatever it says below where you read it. hopefully that makes sense

Ads

it basically means that they are getting paid to do it.

Promoted Tweets are ordinary Tweets purchased by advertisers who want to reach a wider group of users or to spark engagement from their existing followers.
Promoted Tweets are clearly labeled as Promoted when an advertiser is paying for their placement on Twitter. In every other respect, Promoted Tweets act just like regular Tweets and can be retweeted, replied to, favorited and more.
All Promoted Tweets are first displayed as regular Tweets to the timelines of people following an account. The advertisers can then promote those Tweets to spark additional conversation.

Are Promoted Tweets like other online ads?

Since all Promoted Tweets start out as regular Tweets, there is not a single “ad” in our Promoted Tweets platform that isn’t already an organic part of Twitter.
This is distinct from both traditional search advertising and more recent social advertising.