This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
someone made a fake teachers twitter should I report it to school?
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM
someone made a fake teachers twitter should I report it to school?
there is a teacher at my school who i think is lovely but he gets teased alot by a certain group of boys, this time they have gone to far and have made up a fake twitter pretending to be him and are posting abusive messages from it about his apperance and family, I have a very strong idea of who it is. my question is should I report it to my from tutor and ask to be anon? I feel really bad for the teacher as he has enough stick already and hes truley nice
Im in the last year of secondary school (year 11)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:42 AM

Yes

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:51 AM

Yes of course! If somebody is impersonating another person even a teacher, it is against the law!!!
01-16-2013, 10:00 AM

Definitely. And you should go straight to the guidance councilor or whoever's in charge of your school's discipline in person. You don't have to ask for it to be anonymous, they understand more than you think and it already would be. Reporting "cyberbullying" and such is handled quite well. They just say "It has come to our attention/We have learned that you set up a false account and blah blah blah" How they learned it is the least of that boy's worries at that point, trust me. If it's online and under his name, anyone, especially the staff, would find it.

Pretending to be someone else and then hurting their reputation is a serious crime in the adult world. That's fraud. Those boys need a reality check before they do that to someone who has no problem pressing defamation charges.