This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help me understand #Cutforbieber?!?!?
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Help me understand #Cutforbieber?!?!?
Okay so for anyone that doesn't know, a picture of Justin Bieber was shared of him smoking marijuana at a party last week or so.
Now all his 'Beliebers' (fans) are self harming 'for him' to make him stop and there is a trending page on twitter called "#Cutforbieber" and people have been posting loads of pictures of the cuts they have inflicted upon themselves apparently 'for' Justin.

Now i have had a problem with self harm, depression and anxiety for many years - (i am getting help by the way, it isn't a secret) - but obviously this is a big part of my life and now to see all these people doing it for attention makes me feel sick.

I know it will act as a trigger to many self harmers - it almost acted as one for me but i chose to try and stop self harm as a 'new years resolution' and i didn't want to crack so early.

What does everyone else think about this '#Cutforbieber' business?
Should self harmers be offended by all the reports and status's being posted about how the people self harming are 'attention seeking low lifes'? Are the people who don't specify what kind of cutters they are insulting, talking about ALL self harmers?
A lot of my friends/ people that i know have been writing status's on facebook about how stupid the people that are self harming are... Does this mean they are insulting people like me aswell?

I'm finding this all very overwhelming and i don't mean to attract any negative attention but i really need someone to help me settle my thoughts a bit.
And I DONT MEAN ANY OFFENCE TO JUSTIN BIEBER OR HIS FANS...
I think Justin's music is good and i see there is nothing wrong with the choice he made to smoke weed, he is an adult and is completely in his own right to do what he wants.
All this '#Cutforbieber' is just going to make him smoke more to relieve himself from the stress of it all. It's completely ridiculous.

Any answers would be appreciated as I am very un-sure what to think of it all and what i should or should not take offence to.

Thanks in advance

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:45 AM

I think it is very stupid.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:48 AM

i completely agree with you.
i think it is disrespectful to people who self-harm. my sister suffers, like you, with depression, anxiety and self harm and i think it is horrible that people would joke about it, or as i have seen in some cases, fake it. It feels like people are acting as if it isn't an actual problem when it is.
it depends personally how each person takes it as whether it is offensive or not, but it is understandable that you would feel offended.
Well done on sticking to your new years resolution, good luck!
Hope i helped
01-16-2013, 09:51 AM

Anyone who says all people cut for attention can go choke on thier own entrails! I agree this whole thing is dangerous and idiotic, I may not like JB but to get him mixed up in these people self harming is wrong I feel for the guy
01-16-2013, 10:01 AM

It's dumb. These stupid cvnts don't know how stupid they look. It's insane how much they cut too. If you've seen the photographs, they have like 30 or more cuts. They are going to fvcking die from it. Ya know, maybe that's a good. Thing. Natural selection, if they ate too stupid to survive then they die off.
01-16-2013, 10:04 AM

When I read this, in my brain I was just like "WHAT THE ****" Justin really needs to get a hold of this... its disgusting "fans" would do that for attention. Like, he did it ONCE (or did he really, the is photoshop) Do people think posting pictures of them cutting is going to make him stop "smoking"? I dont like Bieber, but I really want to punch whoever made the whole thing up. We want to stop self harm... not spread it
Lol my reasoning make no sense at all... justin has fans like... age 10.... and that person who started it is taking childhoods away if they ever did it. I am also overwhelmed and I think thats all really messed up
01-16-2013, 10:11 AM

Frankly, nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to internet idiocy. Is there any indication of who actually started it? It wouldn't surprise me if someone did it as a (sick) joke and it's been picked up as some crusade.

Speaking about you, it is probably symptomatic of your previous and existing condition that you are in this state of confusion about whether you should or shouldn't be offended.

Your friends saying that people who are self harming for this are stupid are, really, commenting on the stupidity this "cause". This should be separate from those, like yourself, who have had genuine personal issues that have led to this behaviour.
01-16-2013, 10:14 AM

You are very right!! This is fucked up! You dont take a very serious issue like self harm and promote it because justin beiber smoked some weed! Who cares he can do whatever he wants. It makes me sick to think of so many girls doing this just for him. Some of them could potentially get addicted to it too which is not what society needs. Like miley cyrus said---cutting is NOT something to joke about. There are people who actually suffer from self harm. This is so dissrespectful. Cutting shouldnt be talked about as a trend! I cant beleive this
01-16-2013, 10:19 AM

I totally agree. I SH and i find it absoloutley ridiculous. why hasnt he posted something telling these stupid girls to stop already? and what idiot started the trend in the first place!? its beyond me. Thats like teaching a nation of young girls that self harming is just something you can do, with no after effects, its actually scary.

I was thinking the same myself today

So mad about this
01-16-2013, 10:22 AM

You shouldn't be offended by these remarks. What these beliebers are doing is disgraceful. Anyone with a brain knows that genuine self harmers don't do it for attention - they do it because it is an addiction and they o to great lengths to hide it. I hope all these Bieber fans realise what a stupid thing they are doing - they could make it seem like self harmers do so for attention, which is not true. You should not be offended by the criticism of the #cutforbieber stupidity as the backlash is not directed at genuine self harmers, but rather at attention seeking idiots.