This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Long distance relationship but we don't talk on the phone or Skype?
01-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Long distance relationship but we don't talk on the phone or Skype?
So I've been dating this guy for a year and a half on and off. (we broke up for a two month period a while back), he's pretty amazing and I love him, but the thing is, we've been dating for 18 months and I've never heard his voice...

Every time I try to bring up Skyping or talking on the phone it just doesn't work out. He doesn't have long distance calling, his phone is too outdated to get Viber (a free calling app for smartphones) and apperantly he doesn't have a webcam... I find it all very weird.. all we do is text. Plus he's rich from what he's told me, so I don't see why he couldn't afford a ten dollar webcam extension..

I've been watching that MTV show "Catfish" online recently, and it got me thinking hey.. it's kind of scary.. maybe there's a reason he doesn't want to skype or talk on the phone.. maybe he's not who he really is...

But if that's the case, it'd have to be a really elaborate plan... i mean, he has Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook, and I've talked to his friends and cousins online before.. he has tons of pictures of himself on his profiles and I've sent him little presents in the mail so he has my address so I mean theoretically speaking if he was a psycho killer he knows where I live, but I mean I'm still alive so.. haha.

Anyways, I guess the main point of this is i was thinking of giving him kind of an ultimatum.. I was gonna say something along the lines of "Hey, we've been dating for a year and a half and i haven't even heard your voice.. this relationship needs more consistency, i can't just text you all the time, it's too hard. I wanna Skype or talk on the phone or maybe even visit you, but if we can't do that then this isn't gonna work out.." is that a good idea? And I mean I'm completely serious if we still can't do things other than text I really will end it because that's just kind of weird and it really sucks relying on texting for our relationship. So yeah, should I tell him that? Thanks c:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:44 AM

You definitely need to tell him that. What you have going on right now is substantial but not healthy.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:49 AM

Yes! Defiantly. Something just doesn't add up and it sounds sketchy. I would defiantly make him get a webcam or something so you can not only talk to him, but see him while you're talking. Since hes got all the "money". If he refuses just end it. Because honestly your just "dating" someone that you don't even know then. If he refuses something is up and I'd end it quickly cause you might realize hes not who you think he is.
01-16-2013, 09:53 AM

I have a long distance boyfriend he lives I Pittsburgh but I see him on long brakes cause my cousin lives their but the whole talking to him on the phone is good just one day call him no warning call him!
01-16-2013, 09:58 AM

Long distant relationships have to have another form of communication besides texting! Trust me you'll be a lot happier if you do. If you call him then he wont have to worry about long distant calls on most plans. its usally who ever calls who has to pay for the call not the person being called
01-16-2013, 10:07 AM

U have plenty of red flags too many really... Don't be stupid please... He's pretending