This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suspending a twitter account?
01-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Suspending a twitter account?
I have an old twitter account I made ages ago that I want to delete. I haven't been on it in at least a year and a half. And I have tryed to log on and delete my account, however I have forgotten my password, the email address I have used and the password to that! (i know, how stupid of me!) But I do know my username. Anyway, I have made another twitter account and is it possible if I could suspend my old account? If I do, what would happen to it? And is there ANY possible way to delete my old account/ make it 'invisible'? PLEASE HELP!! Thanks Smile
Also if none of it is possible, i would like to know how my old account could be removed from results in search engines

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:45 AM

1. Are You Inadvertently Spamming People?

Repeatedly sending the same link to several people in a short period of time is against Twitter Terms of Service. Even long time users of Twitter can get their accounts suspended for this reason. It does not matter if you’re trying to create awareness to your service, blog or even a charity cause. Spamming users is against Twitter’s guideline.

2. Are You Massively Following and Un-following Users?

Follow and un-follow users with the intention of gathering their attention or building a followers base is also against Twitter Terms of Service . You are most certain to have your account suspended if you’re using an automated tool or manually follow and un-follow users. The current Twitter Following Rules and Best Practices limit every account to 1,000 new followers a day, and there are even more restrictions if you’re following more than 2,000 people.

3. Are You Creating Multiple Accounts?

This is certainly not the most common reason to have your account suspended. Nonetheless, best safe than sorry, if you think you have a valid reason for creating multiple accounts file a ticket support and explain what are you planning to do. You may get approval for that as there are legitimate reasons for a user to have more than one account.

Twitter is not preventing users from participating on the community, they are merely setting guidelines to protect this same community and provide a better user experience. If you already got your account suspended simply file a support ticket and explain your situation. My guess is they’ll gladly help you sort this out.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply