This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blackberry Torch freezes after selecting facebook app icon?
01-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Blackberry Torch freezes after selecting facebook app icon?
Just got a new BB Torch about a week ago and the phone works just the way it's supposed to. A few days ago I tried using my facebook app and when I selected it the phone freezes until I hit the red end call/power button, which unfreezes it. I tried all the other apps and they all work perfectly fine. I barely use any of them. What could be the problem? Thank you for any information ^_^

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:44 AM

i wud try n update the software in the fne or restart the bb my bb torch does it smetime n i restart it n it wrks all the time

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:50 AM

Smartphones, like Android Iphone win7 Symbian smartphones last but not least-Blackberries, save data from all app sessions... this is called the Cache

If you use the Facebook App ALOT... and I mean A-L-O-T... you may have a large cache. When an app is openned/ran, it will also read the cache folder for that app so it will load faster... but if the cache is to large, the App will freeze... lock up.. and may even freeze the phone (which this doesnt happen to you luckily)....

You fix.... if you tech savy, go to the facebook app's System Folder located in your phones harddrive or SD card and clear the cache....... or, if you have a good Task Manager that sweep app's cache folders---then choose CLEAN/WIPE.... OR.... OR..... if you have a main app directory that manages Apps on your phone, like Android and Iphone does, go to the the Face book app and choose "clear cache.....

OR, lastly, download a Blackberry System/Cache Cleaner from the Blackberry market....

IF none of the above fixes the app... then uninstall the app..... powercycle the phone... reinstall the app... that should definately fix it