This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you treat your friend differently if...?
01-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Would you treat your friend differently if...?
Say you are a pretty well known person, perhaps a YouTube celebrity, a well-known Facebook group, a Twitter/Tumblr user that has a lot of followers, or a famous DeviantArt artist, and a good friend of yours wants you to help them get known (or asking you to promote them) However, you see your friend lacks the necessary skills in order to be well-known. Would you

a) promote your friend anyways even though it is unfair for other people who have worked hard and probably have more skill. You do so because you don't want your friend to be hurt/damage your friendship.

b) decline and honestly confess that you don't think your friend has enough skills to deserve being famous. You can probably confess less bluntly but must state the same point.

c) decline and come up with a reason but does not tell them that you think they lack the skills. Perhaps "I don't advertise for anyone because then everyone else will want me to, sorry." or "It will be unfair if other people ask and I decline them." etc...

d) other (please state)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:51 AM

B - Your a good person for doing that choice. Smile

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:53 AM

01-16-2013, 09:57 AM

D
Be honest and tell them but see if you can help them find something else that may help them become well-known.
01-16-2013, 10:02 AM

B
01-16-2013, 10:06 AM

D: tell them you want to help them because you don't want them to be crushed by cyber bullies and haters.
01-16-2013, 10:11 AM

B ,do this the most friendly way you can. Find what skills they are best at and help them promote those. Jesus loves ya,may He Bless,speak to you,your family,friends,in Jesus Mighty Name amen.
Shalom CBN.com
01-16-2013, 10:21 AM

A or B = no 1 can answer this question all depends on your friend like who it is etc.
01-16-2013, 10:23 AM

I'd got for C, provided that actually is your policy. However, as a friend you *could* hook them up with a person who could give them advice. That way you're doing your friend a favor, but you don't risk hurting your friend's feelings because it's someone else giving the advice/opinions.