This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you use your iPad Mini for?
01-16-2013, 09:43 AM
What do you use your iPad Mini for?
Any particular uses you like to get out of the iPad mini? I don't like buying books on it because it gets expensive and I'd rather get out of the house and go to my local library. I like learning so I have a few educational apps and love its portability and fast web searching abilities. I also love listening to podcasts on it to save some battery o pen my iPhone. Thanks for the input!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:49 AM

people use this for quick on line surfing & viewing videos

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:50 AM

I recently got an iPad mini. I have four books I bought via the Kindle store on it, and those four books cost less than it would have been to purchase a physical copy of ONE of those books so I think the price is reasonable. Also, I have all four of those books with me without having to lug anything else around. It will definitely not eliminate our use of the local library, though.

I have some games for both myself and my children installed on it. I have yet to pay for anything other than those four books.

I have installed apps for my bank, cell phone provider and insurance company which helps me manage household business easily and even if I am "on the go".

I have installed apps for our local news station, newspaper and CNN and The Weather Channel which allows me to check the news or weather easily and even if I am "on the go".

I have installed social media apps- Facebook, which I use often, along with Blogger which I will utilize for my blog. I have YouTube and maybe Twitter on there as well, though I do not use them often.

Of course I have my music on there, and I love the camera and video camera. And the calendar.

I have played with the Siri feature some. While it was entertaining at first, it does not really meet my needs and I have it shut off now.

I have installed several educational apps for both my children (I homeschool them) and myself (I am a college student).

I love that I can have all of this in one convenient device. My classes start back next week and I can not wait to see how I can use this then. I plan to get a keyboard for it.