This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What alternatives degrees are there for fashion majors?
01-16-2013, 10:02 AM
What alternatives degrees are there for fashion majors?
All the local schools i look into don't have my major. I refuse to change it & i'm trying to find something related with fashion design. Any ideas of what i can study till i move into a fashion school?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 10:06 AM

Hi Joanna! You actually have TONS of options if you want to have a career in the fashion industry but don't want to study fashion design! Have you've looked into FIDM in LA? They have so many fashion programs to pick from and they even have a career quiz you can take that will help you narrow down your major based on your interests and strengths. They have everything from merchandise product development to beauty industry merchandising and marketing, visual communications and apparel industry management. The careers for these programs range from being a fashion stylist to doing marketing for a fashion or makeup company or even opening your own boutique! These are just a few but there are so many listed on their website so it may be worth looking into. Their iTunes app and FB page have great info and their twitter is great at responding to questions from potential students. I do know their grads are pretty successful and are peppered all throughout the fashion industry: From being a celebrity fashion stylist to working for high end clothing and makeup companies. My friends graduated from FIDM and they LOVED it! Good luck and I hope this info helps =)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply