This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i want to change my current email adress.?
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM
i want to change my current email adress.?
i want to change my mailing adress not for password rset but for mailing purpose and to connect with diffrent sites like facebook, twitter and change it atomatically

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 10:12 AM

Whose holding you back?

Ads

01-16-2013, 10:18 AM

Alt+f4
01-16-2013, 10:24 AM

an email address / account is not changeable. you can create a new one if you don't like your current mail add.
01-16-2013, 10:34 AM

I am assuming you mean your main Yahoo account address username. I asked the same thing and was told that no you cannot do it without first closing your Yahoo account and giving it a few days before re-opening it and giving them a new username. You can create a secondary and or a disposable email address that either choice will let you use it like a new email address that will allow you to send emails or open a Facebook account with. Go to your email account and look for link that says options and click on it then click on mail options and there you will be able to add an extra address or a disposable one.
01-16-2013, 10:38 AM

Changing your address with sites like Facebook and Twitter cannot be done automatically, - you must do it yourself from within their settings.

If you want a BRAND NEW account with all new details, sign out of your account, then on the new sign-in page, click 'Create a New Account' or click this link and fill out the form to create a new account. https://edit.yahoo.com/registration?.int%85
You can also go to http://www.yahoo.com to click 'Sign up'.
You can then import your Contacts list from the old account to keep them. Mail will go to either account, but they are separate. Sign out of one to sign in again at the other. Remember to sign in every six months, or the account goes dormant.
HINT: Do not close an old account until you have imported your Contacts list and forwarded any important saved mails.

If you open an ALIAS account you will not lose anything (contacts, address list, saved mails, folders.) If someone sends mail to the old e-mail address, it will go to the same Inbox so you don't lose any messages. There is then a drop-down menu at the right in From: where you can choose which address to use to send mail. Use it just as you would your primary address (which of course you can still use). You can send and receive email from either address from the same Inbox.
http://edit.yahoo.com/config/list_alias