This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best thing to do if I have some great app ideas and no technical knowledge?
01-16-2013, 10:26 AM
What is the best thing to do if I have some great app ideas and no technical knowledge?
One would be for cell phone communication, the other for Facebook...how do I go about finding someone to partner with to actually create it, and what kind of percentage would I deserve from the potential profits?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 10:31 AM

You should just run your ideas by me, and I will get back to ; ) . All joking aside you should consider a partnership with someone you can trust, and lots of legal documents clarifying who owns how much. In the social network Mark Zuckerberg initially started at 70% to Eduardo's 30%, but he ended up with 52% and Eduardo with 3.4% (something like that). I would tell you to avoid a partnership, because most successful companies have only one leader (Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Larry Ellison..etc). You would need a programmer and lot's of legal paperwork documenting and copywriting your idea.

Ads

01-16-2013, 10:40 AM

If you an idea for an application, but don't know how to code it, you can use a website, such as Guru.com, in order to find and hire a developer who would be able to help you create these applications.

http://Guru.com

Guru enables you to post a project, w ith information, such as what you are looking for and need done, what your project budget is, as well as other information, and then allows people to put in "bids" and proposals for your project, which may include what they can do to help you create your app, what they would like for compensation, as well as other information, such as their background and skills.

Whether or not the developer you hired wants a cut of the profits from your applications or not, that would have to be something that you go over with them, but if you're looking to share profits or perhaps not, you could probably include that in the description on your Guru project.

Another option would be to search for a company that creates applications for people and businesses, but that may cost more money, as you would be paying a company and not an individual to code your application for you.

Good luck and I hope I helped you!
01-16-2013, 10:44 AM

Hello,
My experience is that the most complicated part is not the programming (someone else will do it for you) nor having a great idea, but the selling of your app.
Platforms such as iphone app store will charge you a fix fee everytime you sell an app. The price you sell it for its up to you but as i said, consider the marketing a key point and if you`re lucky you may have some big company buying it from you. That will require lots of time regarding internet PR, blogging and of course a bit of luck. Luckily i work for a socialmedia company, and i know the work that this operation demands as we made a few campaigns for entrepreneurs like yourself.
Having said so, i would contact a local app developper and tell them your expectactions to see if what you have in mind would be functional in real life and also to have an estimate budget of the whole process.
Consider also making it a free app and then associate with a company who provides paid advertising on free apps.
Hope i shed some light Smile