This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Parents: Why is my mother so mean to me? what should I do?
10-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Parents: Why is my mother so mean to me? what should I do?
So my mother is always so hate full towards me. I do nothing to her to make her be that way. She complains about everything I do. Then on top that , she always and I mean constantly talking trash about me to her other older children and friends. It's actually quite hurt full. She even says things to me like I'm a witch. Or the other word when she's not around kids. (the B word). She calls me trash and other things as well. The sad part about it all , I do nothing but respect her. I do my chores, I make straight A's, I do things without her asking me to, I have never ever in my life disrespected her by talking back to her , rolling my eyes etc . nothing of that matter.

She also always complaining about me being on the computer all day. Which I don't be on the computer all day. Yes I'm here for a while but i'm actually doing important things on here. I don't just be on Facebook all the time or twitter , or here on Yahoo answers.

When I'm on here for over two hours it means i'm doing work for school or looking for jobs. My mom also still treats me like i'm seven. That's offensive as well. When I show her respect and act like an adult and be mature I expect the same thing in return.

I do so many things for her , and it seems like she is the one who is ungrateful.

Bottom line, i'm tired of getting treated like a kid when I'm 18 years old and an adult. I'm also tired of my mother bashing about me to her friends and other family members. It's almost like she hates me. I don't know why.

How can I handle this situation? any advice would be appreciated

PS: I know some of you on here make assumptions about situations like this so i'm just going to go ahead and add additional details.

one: I never said I wanted to move out. I know i'm ready for that , I just want to be treated more like an adult instead of a child and I want to have respect. It would be pointless to move out the house when i'm going to college in a few months anyways. Most apartments require that you sign a year lease before you move out of the apartments again.

Two: I have a Job and I go to school full time. So when I come home I am tired. I stay on the computer for a while and then I cook dinner (for every one) and I take a shower then go to bed. I also do color guard (flag girl) in school so that's a toll on me to. We have practice everyday for three hours after school. After that I go to work for a few more hours. As stated before , I come home make dinner , computer etc.

Three: I am also not going to move in with friends because the friends I have don't want a future , they don't care about school. All they do is get drunk and try to convince me to do it. (so I don't mess around with them like that)

What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 04:43 PM

okay try once more
to talk to tour mother and brig her o cousnling. thats verbal abuse and ahe could be charged of it in certian states. and provinces
if your mother refuses counsling then tell the rest of the family how you feel and try to get them to help. bring yourself closer to the family. trust me, not on gokd terms with your family wont help you.
if she still refuses kick her out ofnyour
life. its hurtful but anyone who talks likrnthat to you doesnt deserve you. just stop talking to her till
you move out.

Ads

Just be glad you're going to college. Look at it this way: If a lion scratches you and thank god you got out of that cage fast enough; would you be mad at the lion? No, why? Because that's its nature. So, don't worry about your mom, that's her nature. You are way more mature and you don't need to let what she says lower you down. Just make sure you don't treat your kids like that and don't let her pull you down to her level. Tough times don't last, but tough people do. Good luck!

tell here