This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Employers what do you expect when you hire front end developer?
01-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Employers what do you expect when you hire front end developer?
Hello,

Today I decided that I wan't to apply for a front end developer job in the city of London.
I've never worked for a company before, but I do have some freelance experience.
Furthermore I am now working on my portfolio website, where I am planing to showcase 5+ "demo" works I've made (demo means that those websites were not created for actual companies, but for ones I made up)

So I want to ask you, employers, to give me any advice, like what would you like to see on front end developers cv, what should I include on my motivation letter etc.

Additionally, I want to list some of the ideas that I want to include on my portfolio website and hear your opinion on good and bad ideas.

> Little bit about my background (interests, hobbies, how I got into web development)

> My skills (Html4/html5 , css/css3, JavaScript (Also object orientated), jQuery)

> Links to my twitter, Facebook, github (I plan to create several small projects), linkedIn accounts

> Links to websites like Codecademy, Udacity (websites that show learning and web-courses I took online)

> Make my portfolio website and all demo websites retina display ready, responsive and minimalistic (Showcase dom manipulation and ajax features by using jQuery)

> Also, during creation of my portfolio website I will screen capture all the process (from planing on paper to photoshop mockup to live development) and than speed it up into 10min video to show all my working process.

> Add downloadable resume

> Add my photo

> Add easy and simple to use contact form

> Try to write as little code as possible and make lay it out in clean and neat way.

And so on. Please tell me what you think about these ideas, which ones are good and which ones are bad. Is there anything else you would like to see?

Thank you for your time.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 10:46 AM

I'd expect them to be knowledgeable and work efficiently..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply