This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I use to build my website?
01-16-2013, 10:41 AM
What should I use to build my website?
I need a site with a member login & forum, a blog, feed from twitter and you tube channel, social media buttons, and customizable appearance like the background, header, and logo. I already purchased my domain and hosting from bluehost. Their site recommends using a handful of programs that involve coding & seem too complicated for me. I'd rather not have to pay for a secondary company to design my site if there are free options available. Any suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 10:47 AM

Dreamweaver! It's an incredible program for website building.

Ads

01-16-2013, 10:53 AM

http://www.webs.com
01-16-2013, 10:56 AM

http://www.magentocommerce.com/

This ia an eBay owned company and you can market your store on all eBay sites.
Also consider Amazon Stores.
01-16-2013, 11:00 AM

If you don't want to do any coding yourself, Drupal is pretty decent. It takes some time to get the hang of it, but it's fully customisable and you do not have to write a single line of code yourself.
01-16-2013, 11:07 AM

http://www.brentsfilms.com/

They give professional design sites just for $25! Check them out!
01-16-2013, 11:10 AM

you can install joomla or wordpress in one click from your bh admin panel and then tune up a needed features.
01-16-2013, 11:11 AM

You need a web host providing Simplescripts.

First refer to:
threehosts.com/simplescripts

And then refer to:
threehosts.com/publish

There you can find a step-by-step guide to create and publish your website.

Hope this helps.
01-16-2013, 11:14 AM

It actually depends on what your website is powered by. Drupal and wordpress have these applications already. But if you want to have some extra applications, there are lots of incredible program which can be use for building a website. You can get ideas there on how to get applications that you need to use for your website.
01-16-2013, 11:23 AM

If you are interested for free options then the best solution I can give you is to try designing the site yourself. However, since you are finding it quite difficult, the next best solution would be to hire an expert to do the designing on your behalf.

Advertise on various freelancer sites and you will surely get one or more professionals to help you with the designing project. Hiring an expert will mean you getting the type of site you want. This should also not take much time. On the other hand, if you try designing the site on your own, then with your limited knowledge you may waste a lot of time behind this.

I would also like to tell you that hiring a professional will mean spending some money. If you get good quality results from him, then why not go for it?