This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with book characters, the personality and the looks?
01-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Help with book characters, the personality and the looks?
Im writing a book about 4 girls in boarding school. I have their personalities in my head but not their looks? Could you please tell me how they look in your head and i have pictures to choose from if you need help!

Amelia Windsor: Main - (Mia , Mi Mi) 15
A smart girl full of ambition! She's very innocent but does like to have a sneaky drink now and then to feel like a teenager. She's pretty but feels like no one would like her.

Elizabeth Darcy: (Beth, Bethy) 15
The rebel of the group and she's beautiful! She loves to party with her friends and get with every boy in the school. She's smart but never applies herself to the work.

Maddison Grey: (Maddie) 15
She's peaceful, loving and artistic. She always has her side of the room filled with art and a photo wall. She is more of a tree hugger than well the rebel of Beth.

Emery Linnington: (Emma) 15
Cute and funny. She has long lush legs which Mia thinks is why she had so many boyfriends. Always there for her friends.

Help please with how they look! All i have is Emery's long legs! Heres some ideas if you just feel like mixing and matching:

1:
https://twitter.com/CourtsWaldron
2:
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=e...,s:0,i:358

Okay i gave up on them but thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 02:45 PM

Amelia Windsor, small and cute. short blond curly hair, milk colored skin and dark blue eyes.

Elizabeth Darcy, long deep red hair with feirce brown eyes, put her in tight ripped jeans with a black rebal cloth tied across her forehead.

Maddison Grey, medium height, long strait lifeless blond hair, soft green eyes and kinda dressed like a more modern hippie.

Emery Linnington, long brow hair with blond highlights, deep grey-light blue eyes. long eye lashes and normally wears shirts a little too lowcut.

I hope this helps Smile

Ads

Here is a tip that I use to visualize my characters:

Imagine their name on a name tag, and then visualize backing away from the name tag to visualize it on a shirt, and then eventually back up far enough to see their face, their hair, and the clothes they are wearing.
For example, when I visualize "Amelia Windsor" on a name tag, the person I see wearing it has curly blond hair and blue eyes, a round face, likes to wear preppy skirts with a white blouse.
For "Elizabeth Darcy" (you can also visualize with their nicknames on the name tag. It makes all the difference if that is what is on their name tag) I see long dirty blond hair and brown eyes, freckles, big lips, likes to wear funky necklaces.
For "Maddison Grey" I see a girl who likes to wear dresses, has long, wavy chestnut hair and blue eyes, and pale, smooth skin/
For "Emery Linnington" I see a short girl with bright orange hair and brown eyes (long lush legs if that is what you want). If she likes to flaunt her legs, I can see her wearing dresses, skinny jeans or shorts a lot.

Good luck and I hope I helped! You don't have to describe them how I pictured them, you can try and picture them yourself Smile

I think the author should fix the characters in their mind as this will make them stronger. Juxtaposition of character shapes/looks and personalities can also make for more memorable characters. For a free introductory course on fiction writing by the open university go to http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=2748 or search for fiction writing on the open university website.